Monday, June 30, 2008

J. Munchkin.

Good morning everyone:-) Did you miss me? You probably cried a lot...I understand. No need to worry, though, I am back.

The weekend was awesome, and I am really looking forward to going back this weekend for the rest of the festivities. As a reminder, this was a family-friendly, G-rated beach weekend with tons of sun and sand and good food and such. Next weekend is the all-girls booze-fest. Trouble will be had.

Munchkin really wants to go next weekend, but I am putting the kibosh on that. I don't want to leave her home alone when we go out, and I don't wanna have to worry about getting out of control a little bit. Read: me gonna be drunkey-drunkey.

Speaking of her...when The Boy and I finally got there on Thursday, she and her big sisters were cocktailing on the deck. I was greeted by a vision of her with ultra-blond hair (it gets really blond in the sun), white polo with her collar up, Nantucket red shorts, flip flops and super-chic aviator sunglasses. Oh my god, who replaced my little sister with a J. Crew model?

We didn't really do a ton all weekend. Hung out on the beach, played in the water, ate a lot. Drank a lot. Actually, I slept a lot, too, which was nice. The weather was very nice...even the thunderstorms were sorta cool when they came.

This weekend we will be a little trendier...likely to get dressed up and go out at least a couple of times. Not sure who is on Munchkin duty just yet:-) Papa Bear might take her to the beach, but if she wants to stay home, I will have to make some arrangements. She has some friends she could probably stay with, or Twin Sister said she would gladly watch her if need be, too. At this point, it is kind of a low-maintenance babysitting job...

I guess that is about it...kind of a boring post. New thought for the day which, if no one else, Aaron will appreciate. Well, now I better get back to work...

4 comments:

Ally said...

Glad you had a good weekend. Sounds very relaxing.

Anonymous said...

sounds pretty great to me. you sure do have the life, girl. :)

boohoo said...

sounds amazing :) i'm glad the weekend was fun; and hope next weekend will be even better for you ;)

Rachel H. said...

I missed you, and it sounds like SUCH a fun weekend. I need a weekend like that soon! Much needed, for sure!