Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Recapping Some Missing Days

Well, my whirlwind couple of days of work travel, fun travel, and more work travel has wrapped up, and today is looking like a much more normal day. With more time for blogging:-) I guess I will catch you up on the last couple of days...

Last Thursday, Papa Bear, a VP from the office and I went to Memphis to meet with a company that is owned by a firm we do some work with and is on a bit of a buying spree. Honestly, the details are probably horribly boring, so I will spare you. We were there for two days, and everything went pretty well. I was mostly a note-taker and general go-fer for the two guys who have some clue what they are doing;-)

Then Friday, we made a brief change of plans that I wish I knew about ahead of time. We took a brief detour to Nashville to meet with another company that they were in some accelerated talks with. We were only there for maybe 6 hours, but I still would have found Ally if I had been given some advanced warning of that stop on our trip...I would have made one of the bosses buy us dinner:-P. Ah, well, if there is a next time, I will be better prepared! I promise.

Munchkin had a grand ole time with Twin Sister, her wife and the baby. And many, many thanks to them for babysitting...total lifesaver! And thanks to Munchkin for being so flexible...seriously...do you know any 13 year olds who pass between as many households as she does? I think in an average month, she probably stays in at least half a dozen places other than her own bedroom for at least one night...

Got back on Friday, and on Saturday morning, Munchkin, Smoking Hot Roommate and I headed to the beach house to do some season-opening stuff. The house is locked up all winter, so we did some laundry, washed the dishes, opened everything up, etc. The weather was really nice to be doing that stuff...but definitely NOT beach weather. At all! It was fun, though...we don't get as much girl time since me and Munchkin moved out a couple months ago;-).

I was on the road again Monday and Tuesday, although it was closer to hear so I drove. Munchkin stayed at SHR's place. And I filled my gas tank for the first time in god knows how long...Holy Shit! What the fuck happened there? It cost like $60 to fill my gas tank!!! I had to put my credit card back in when it got to $50 and start over again!!! The things you miss when you walk everywhere...

Anyway, I got back to the office yesterday afternoon, and got out in time for her baseball game, which is always fun. Kinda chilly, but not too bad...although it now occurs to me that I have know idea whether they won or lost. I guess I don't pay that much attention. She did get two hits, though:-) And only got out once. And caught a couple of balls and didn't drop any. So there:-P

And that gets us to today. I have some notes to write up from my last couple of days, but not a ton to do other than that. Which is a nice treat!

3 comments:

Ally said...

You could have been the very first stranger/blogger that I've actually met. Oh well, instead I'm meeting up with a blogger in D.C. on Saturday. Should be interesting.

Aaron said...

After all we've been through and Ally called you a stranger!

/gasp!

Accidentally Me said...

Ally - Good luck with that! Who are you meeting?

A-Ron - Well, I don't know her address, so she is a stranger. You, on the other hand...:-P