Monday, March 16, 2015

Oh, hey...

I haven't blogged in...well, about a year. And even that was a "I'm still alive" post, so I haven't actually really blogged in much longer than that. Frankly, I can't tell you why I am blogging now or whether or not I will write anything  tomorrow or ever again, but for some reason I just feel like blogging. OK, true story, I was suddenly driven to want to comment on two different blogs, and realized that it would be really awkward to do so after having been silent for a full year!

That probably implies that I really, really have something to say...which, alas, would be false.  I suppose that's good, since most people would come back like this only if they had some traumatic life experience. In that sense, I guess I am happy that nothing bad has happened:-)

Let's see, then...the girls will be five next month. FIVE! They start Kindergarten in the fall, although their school remains TBD, since we haven't figured that out yet. There is a chance they will go to public school if they get assigned to one that we like (don't even ask about the City's school assignment process...fucking ridiculous), but most likely they will be in private school. I'd rather not spend that kind of money on elementary school, but that's the price of urban living, I guess.

Speaking of that, we haven't moved and probably won't any time soon. The good news is that it's been a good couple of years for the real estate market and our condo is worth an awful lot. The bad news is that anything we would like to buy is also worth an awful lot. An awful lot more...so, we'll probably stay put for another year or two and then just suck it up and write a really, really, really big check to get something bigger. Lord help us...

The Boy is awesome. As always:-)

Munchkin will be, gulp, twenty in two weeks! Don't even ask how we got to that point, I am already feeling old enough as it is. She is currently in the Turks and Caicos for spring break. I am currently in a raging fit of jealously. There is no boyfriend, although there are always boys...and there is still always Frenchie. They're not "together", but to hell if I could explain it. They're definitely not "not together", either...

Smoking Hot Roommate is the proud Mama of an adorable baby boy, born just before Thanksgiving. And, like everything else, she is totally rocking motherhood and making noise about having another one in a little bit:-). Big Sis still has the two and no more in the works. They and both of their spouses are happy and healthy.

I'll spare you any massive political diatribes this soon after my lengthy hiatus (other than, can we all please just calm down? Not everything anyone says is The. Worst. Thing. Ever. Washington has become a contest to accuse people of treason as often as possible...) I will also spare you complaints about the snow, which you certainly would have heard if I had been blogging regularly because, holy hell, did it snow a lot!!!

And...um...the Patriots won the Super Bowl, so that was a thing. I've become obsessed with Alaska-based reality television, so that's a thing, too. And, um, I'm not any taller. :-D

7 comments:

Nina said...

I happened to just take a peek today and was so pleased to see that you had posted! I was an infrequent, if ever, commenter but have really enjoyed reading your story. I made a little bark at my desk at work when I read that Munchkin is going to be 20. WOW. How is that possible?!?

Ally said...

Hi AM!

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

So cool to get a comment from you AND to have the time to read blogs AND to see that you actually blogged today. Everything is right in the world today! =)

"I'd rather not spend that kind of money on elementary school, but that's the price of urban living, I guess." I HATE THAT! It's the exact same way in Chicago. The public school system is a mess. Yes, there are some outstanding schools, but navigating the system and trying to get into them, let alone commuting to them is a nightmare. It's exactly why we WILL vacate the city next year. We will not pay property taxes for a school system we do not use (ok, let's be real, we can't afford to send Gavin to private school, but that's not the point, ha!).

I'm glad you haven't blogged about the snow (heard enough from my parents, but bless all your hearts for surviving), as well as the Patriots (can't effing stand 'em) ... but, most importantly, I'm glad you sound great and you sound like, well, you! =)

Accidentally Me said...

I know all about the Chicago Public Schools:-). Entirely too well! The schools in Boston are probably worse, but that is really just degrees of terrible... at least in Chicago, nice neighborhoods have decent schools. Here, everyone gets shuffled all over the city and all of the non-admission schools are atrocious. There is, I suppose, the chance to go to private school and then test into Latin School in seventh grade...that would be ideal.

I guess that means your parents are back from Italy!

Our Happy Married Life... said...

Yay you blogged! What am I talking about!? I haven't blogged in longer than you. Although I know I check in via email from time to time I do enjoy reading about your adventures. ;)

Lori S-C said...

GlaD you're back! Sounds like all is well and all of the girls are growing up.... Don't feel guilty about the private school thing. We've done both things and everyone is turning out to be okay. Diversity is important and with city life, your babies will be exposed to a lot of that!
Would love to hear more about what the girls are like at 5! and congrats to SHR on the birth of her son ands being a mommy!

Lisa said...

Yay for your return!
I've actually wondered if the icy grounds in Boston had swallowed you up ;)
Glad to hear everyone's fine and, the girls turning five: just wow. I have a little one myself now and seeing time fly is actually scary sometimes..-