Thursday, May 06, 2010

Why Annie Liebowitz Should Dress Everyone

They fixed the water on Tuesday, which was a huge help...living without drinkable water is not really that much fun, as it turns out. No word on exactly how they let a ten foot wide pipe rupture and leave a couple million people in the lurch like that, but I suppose we can get to those details later on. I am just glad we can run the dishwasher again!

If I could make an observation about Bostonians: it was a pretty orderly "crisis". Sure, there were some stories of people getting in fights at grocery stores over bottled water, but they were pretty limited. Mostly, people just kinda complained but went about boiling their own water or buying what they could. The times that I was in stores, I saw people buying a gallon or two at a time and approaching the whole thing pretty reasonably. So, good work, folks...

Now, to totally change subjects...I think I may have finally figured out the attraction of soccer. As I have mentioned, Smoking Hot Roommate and Munchkin are huge fans and watch all the big games (matches?) on TV...and it turns out there is a lot of soccer on TV. Sorry, "football". They have a favorite team and Munchkin has a favorite player and a game jersey to boot.

Me? I never got it. Not that I am a huge sports fan to begin with, but soccer strikes me as even more boring than most of them. And the players are so incredibly over-dramatic...they are like the Soap Opera actors of athletes...

However, something has come to my attention that may be changing my mind a bit, and helping me to appreciate "the beautiful game" a little bit more. I give you...the Vanity Fair World Cup preview. Holy shnikes...can we play the whole event shirtless? Or, even better, just in the little underwear?

Also, according to both The Soup and Chelsea Lately, the white guy on the cover is Kim Kardashian's new boyfriend. And the black guy, I am told, is another member of Munchkin's Favorite Team...

2 comments:

Ys said...

Football? Nah, don't like it. If you want some real men watch rugby. Yum yum ;)

Lori S-C said...

Happy First Mother's Day, though you've been mothering Munchkin for quite a while!
Hope you had a great one...