Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Where have I been?

The title of this post implies that I have been somewhere...which is kind of a lie. I have been super busy, but not with anything remotely exciting enough to detail at length.

Work has been a zoo, which is obviously both good and bad. Good because it is interesting, bad because I like doing nothing more than doing something:-). Our house hunting seems to have ground to a halt, too...we never really did make much progress, and I think we have decided to stay put for another couple of years until we are looking in a different price range. Hopefully our needs and tastes won't grow faster than our bank account!

Munchkin has two weeks of school left, and then she is moving to the beach again (after a trip to Paris, of course.) She wanted to spend a week in Paris instead of Nice, so she is going at the very beginning of the summer before his family moves, and I can barely believe that I just had occasion to write that sentence:-) And then she is...gasp...a SENIOR IN HIGH SCHOOL! At some point this summer we are going to go on a little bit of a college road trip. I know she has pretty much already decided where she is going to school, but I want her to go and visit a couple more schools just to be sure. I will feel better about the whole thing if she has at least visited and taken the tour. Plus, it will be a fun trip:-)

The girls are on the verge of a major developmental breakthrough...LK used the potty, and I think they have both figured out how the whole thing works! MA used it once a couple of weeks ago, but I think that was sort of an accident...she happened to be sitting on it and peed, I don't think that she really connected the two ideas. Call it the first step in the long road to potty training...

Now, if I can just get them to stay in their beds all night long...

3 comments:

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

Potty training is huge! Gavin has been showing a keen interest whenever we go to the bathroom. I loved it the other night when I knew Gavin was in the bathroom with Sweets and I hear a very loud NOOOOOOOOOO! I guess Gavin wanted to touch the stream. hahaha.

Did you buy a toddler potty seat? Which one? We're thinking of buying one at some point, but not sure which one just yet.

Our Happy Married Life... said...

there you are! Glad to hear things are going well. We'll have to catch up on gchat soon. :)

Anonymous said...

I know that Munchkin is already practically locked in to a school, but YAY college road trip fun! Excited to hear where you guys are going. :)