Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Oh Thirteen

Happy New Year, everyone:-)

I have never really been one for grand, dramatic resolutions, and this year won't be any different. I definitely make them, but they tend to be pretty small and relatively insignificant...if something is that important, I like to think I will have already addressed it some other time rather than waiting for an arbitrary day in January to start.

2012 was a very good, and seemingly very busy, year.  I blogged less than I ever have, which I am sad about. Part of that was due to the available subject matter, and part was a lack of time. I got two new nieces:-) There was some heartbreak as well. But overall, I'm happy with where I am.

[Special note: I had two people ask me, randomly at basically the same time, whether or not my alluded-to bad news last month involved Munchkin's friend. Very thankfully, it does not. She is doing very well, is done with her treatments and is working to regain her strength. She now has curly hair:-)]

2013 will, I think, probably be a pretty big year. The girls will obviously continue to grow and change at a rapid rate. Munchkin is going to graduate from High School and move (two miles) away to college...if you don't think THAT is gonna make me a blubbering disaster, then you haven't been paying attention. We may (hopefully?) move. I have a new, wonderful and rewarding non-work task to undertake.

I'm also not really one for inspirational quotes, so I will keep those on the sidelines, too. Mostly, I just hope that you all have a safe, happy, healthy and prosperous 2013. I hope that you feel like you are in a better place in 2014 than you are today, as measured by however you choose to measure that.

And I hope that you are ready for my cutting witticisms on The Fiscal Cliff, because that is probably coming soon:-)

1 comment:

V said...

I'm just catching up on my reading, I hope 2013 is off to a great start! :)