Friday, August 06, 2010

New Houses

Good morning, peeps!

I just had a vision of like 1,000 little pink and yellow sugar bunnies lined up together on the floor...you know, peeps. I am fairly certain that everyone in America has had at least on peep overdose in their lives (where you eat so many that you get sick).

Anyway...to discuss things other than Easter candy...

A couple of posts ago, I mentioned moving, which led to a couple of questions via email and instant message. We don't have any imminent plans to move, but I think we are going to probably look into it maybe next spring. While we can certainly manage in our current place, it would be ideal if we had a little more space, and maybe a dedicated play room for the girls (read: a place to pile all of their toys, of which they already have tons, despite not really being able to do anything other than waves their arms and legs around a lot).

There are a couple of problems with this:
1) Moving is a pain in the ass. Period.
2) I am emotionally quite attached to our current condo for reasons that I spelled out here. And here.
3) Anything bigger in the same area is going to cost a boatload of money. And not a small boat. A really, really big boat.

So, I am far from committed to this, but I think we have to start looking around to figure out what we want to do. We could certainly stay where we are, and if we can't find something in the immediate area, there are other parts of the city that might be fractionally cheaper (the South End...Jenny's Hood...would be acceptable and possibly just a tad less outrageous).

And there is always the prospect of moving out of the city (or, I could just stab myself through the temple with a letter opener...)

So, that is kinda the whole story...probably need more space, not sure whether that is financially feasible, and I don't love the idea of moving anyway...

And...um...have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Ys said...

We thought about moving for over a year before we finally decided where we wanted to go and what we wanted. Some times it just takes a while. It surprised me cos when we moved the first time I knew exactly what I wanted!

Jenny said...

I definitely do not move without movers. Ever haaha. (But the packing and unpacking and everything that goes with that still sucks - trust me, I'm in that hell now.).

As for the SE - it's adorable and absolutely my favorite neighborhood - but still outrageous for purchasing (I mean rents are insane enough!). I mean the price of any condo in the city is going to be crazy - but it's just what you get for that that's so depressing.

One member of my urban family recently bought a two bed and when I found out what she paid for it I GASPED (only because of how small her place is). And that price didnt even include the $500/month condo fee that kicks in come December. Luckily the place is just for her and work for her situation, but still WTF! Boston is completely NUTS.

But honestly, if you are interested, two of my Urban Family members are agents in the South End. They could definitely talk to you about where you'd want to look and what you'd want to spend. They know all the good deals :)

Accidentally Me said...

Jenny - Answer my belly button question:-P

I do like the South End, largely because of its...um...fabulousness? The one positive of living in Beacon Hill is that everything looks cheap in comparison...What, a 1,200 square foot two bedroom with no parking for $800k? So cheap! What a deal!!!

Windy City Kelley's said...

I agree, moving sucks! At least you won't be moving across the country like I did. :)