Monday, October 31, 2011

Spooky thoughts...

Very poorly titled post, as none of these thoughts are really spooky. But it is Halloween, and in lieu of a super slutty costume, you get a not-very-Halloween-themed post.

I am a terrible mother, at least if "not buying Halloween costumes for the girls" qualifies. I sort of maybe kind of intended to, but in the end they don't care, they won't keep it on, and I didn't even get motivated enough. They can hate me when they are older;-)

The Boy got back safe and sound on Friday, and I survived my entire week alone with the girls:-) It was much less stressful than I had been anticipating, too, which is obviously good news. And yes, I should probably not be as worried about having them all to myself as I am...but whatever. The Boy is a better parent than me, I am comofortable with that.

OK...snow? What the Fuck? There are places in the state that are still without power two days after an OCTOBER SNOWSTORM! Three weeks ago it was 80 degrees, and the leaves haven't really even changed colors yet. But Mother Nature sees no problem in rolling in the freezing weather and a freaking blizzard. Thankfully (for me) there was little snow in the city, but people to the west and north have tons of damage and massive power outages.

I'm seriously hoping that this in not a harbinger of a very, very tough winter...

2 comments:

Ally said...

Snow in October is ridiculous. Sorry!

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

If it weren't for daycare, I would've skipped the costume, too. They're too young to care. You're not a bad parent.

I can't believe how much snow some parts got. I was reading an article talking about the massive dump of snow in DC and NJ ... and then it said "and Central Park in NYC had a record for the day and the entire month with 1.3 inches of snow." I laughed - because they just had to throw that in.