Monday, February 08, 2010

Monday Monday

I am not sure I ever told you that The Mouth finally went home last week. She ended up staying for a couple of weeks (she stayed at Smoking Hot Roommate's place most of the time) and it was really nice to have her around. She benefited from it as well...gave her a chance to decompress, re-evaluate and plot her next steps.

Which, by the way, I am super jealous of...after she spends a couple of weeks putting together graduate school applications and doing some interviews for that (she will get in wherever she applies...and will likely join at least one of my longest-term readers as a UCLA grad:-)), she is taking off the the Virgin Islands to tend bar and be a bum for about six months.

Much trouble will be caused, I am sure. Mostly, I am just glad that she was feeling better when she left.

This weekend would have been the fourth straight year of going with Munchkin and her friends on their President's Day weekend ski trip. Obviously, neither of us can go, which is a total bummer...her friends Mom was totally heartbroken that we couldn't come:-) That was always one of my favorite weekends of the year, and I sincerely hope that I get to do it again sometime. Not real sure whether that is realistic or not!!!

Her foot is doing better, but she is really going nuts at being limited like she is. There was a school dance on Friday that she couldn't go to and her friends were all hanging out at the mall on Saturday and she couldn't do that, either. Fortunately, they all came over on Saturday night to keep her company but she is just not wired to be this sedentary. She should be able to walk without restriction soon (later this week maybe), at least for short periods, which will be a big help. The crutches totally suck and are making her kinda bitchy...lol

So...I think I may run a little blog pool to guess the birth time and date of the babies. Or, I guess of the first one, since the second will be just after that;-). Anyone wanna play? Comment, email, IM, whatever your guesses to me. I will try and think of a prize...

6 comments:

Lisa said...

I'll be brave and make a guess:
Since your doc is hoping for the 6th I settle with April 2nd, which happens to be the birthday of a beloved relative and would mean great luck for your twins.

I must say, I'm already excited for your birth! Hope all goes well til then!

Lori S-C said...

April 1st. My Grandfather's birthday and April Fool's Day. You could have some fun parties....

Irene said...

OK, here goes...

checked back and saw that Due Date is May 4th. Given the problem with your Cervix I would say you won't go overdue. Hoping you won't be too early because having preemies can be pretty challenging, so I am guessing April 29th because that was the Due Date for my son last year...he was born May 9th though - 10 days overdue *sigh*

Kari said...

Well if the Doc is hoping for April 6th, I am going to say March 31st, which is my B-day (my little cousin was also born that day!). However as your due date isn't until May and your cervix is going to behave itself...maybe you will have term twins in early May...

Kari

Fit Fun Family said...

I wanna play! April 15th! tax day :)

Lisa said...

My, this is exciting! I missed to say in my last comment: Of course I wish them to stay inside you as long as they have to and is healthy for them. Thought is was understood that I do, but wanted to say it nevertheless.
So don't mind that I made an early guess (April 2nd)