Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Rested...for now

Mexico was wonderful...just the right length of time with just the right group of people. It was a pretty low-key weekend with too much tequila and entirely too much proximity to a nude resort;-) But the wedding was beautiful, the weather was great (breezy but warm and sunny!), we did some snorkeling, made some new friends and had a wonderful time. I was excited to see the girls when we got home, and got a gigantic pair of hugs that made my heart feel very warm;-)

Smoking Hot Roommate survived, and even reports that she had a lot of fun. She is, however, not remotely more interested in having children, which is to be expected, I suppose:-) But the girls were good for her, they got out a couple of times because the weather was nice and walkable, and she and Munchkin both report that the girls didn't have any "we miss Mommy and Daddy" meltdowns. Win-win!

And now, like a giant punch in the face, the Christmas season is here. Which means a million parties, and gifts and eating and suddenly there is no time to do any of it and oh, by the way, finals... Frenchie is coming to visit the week before Christmas, which will be fun, but is just one more thing to prepare for. Munchkin is taking a day off from school on Friday, and the two of us are going to try and do as much shopping as possible...it should be easier than trying to get it all done on a weekend day. Then we are going Christmas Tree hunting sometime this weekend, and will hopefully get the tree decorated on Sunday. And as much as I think it will be a chore, I do love having the lights and decorations up:-)

I should also come up with some kind of a manageable Christmas list, too. I feel like I go through this every year...I never know what to tell people I want or need. I always end up loving whatever people buy me, but I feel kind of guilty not giving and guidance because I know how frustrating it is to try and think of things. Any ideas...? Something really interesting that I haven't thought of? Anyone?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just stumbled across your blog.
We have so little in common, but Mecannylad was captivated nevertheless by all you have done and have to say.Congratulations.