Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Oh, I just love her more every day

Munchkin, very seriously, asked me if we could take a week off from school and volunteer with the Red Cross in Haiti.

OK, so usually she is a little more rational than that (a 14 year old and a pregnant chick in a disaster zone?) but the sentiment is very sincere and quite touching. She was at a friend's house, and the friend's older sister was preparing to take some time off from work to go, as she has done a few times before. I think Munchkin thought it sounded like a really good, hands-on way to help, and thought it a mighty fine idea.

It is obviously not a real good idea, but I admire her for having it:-). I told her we will figure out some other way to help...and on that note, Brookem posted a link to some things that would be a big help.

1 comment:

Jen said...

How heartfelt. You got a beautiful sister there, AM. So sincere and kind. You have done a wonderful job with her.