Friday, January 15, 2010

One of the year's most important days!!

OK, I have to rush this because I have dinner plans, and have been running around all day a little bit.

But...It's Smoking Hot Roommate's Birthday!!! Yay!!! She remains my most favorite person on earth (that I am not related to:-)) and clearly the most important person that I have ever met. Just think...who invites a teenager to come and live with her for two months so her friend's mother-in-law can take her bedroom and watch the babies? Not many that I know of...

Pretty soon, I will fill you in on the travel plans that she and Munchkin have that may or may not include Johannesburg, Milan, Madrid and/or London. Seriously, I can't make this shit up.

One other note, I got a super sweet email from a guy that I sort of knew through work. Maybe a year or so ago, I was talking to him about Munchkin and whatnot, and mentioned our weekly standing date. He thought that was a really neat idea, and yesterday he sent me a note that he and his two kids (boy and a girl...both like 7-9 or so) have been going out to dinner every single Thursday night since then. He finds himself looking forward to it every week more and more...and that made me say "Awww."

He also mentioned that his wife looks forward to being left home alone every week:-)

So, there you have it...the power of chicken finger Thursdays is spreading!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy (belated) Birthday to SHR!!!

If you really plan a trip to South Africa and need any help/ Tips/ what not let me know. I have lived in Pretoria for a year and been there for holiday about 6 times. :-)