Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Sleeping

The girls are passing through a "I don't want to sleep in my crib" phase...and it is really pretty annoying. MA has largely been the culprit, but LK is not without blame.

Our big problem is that if one of them wakes up, we have to decide to either get her, or let her try and go back to sleep. Usually she goes back to sleep...but if we leave her and she doesn't, then the crying gets louder and she inevitably wakes her sister up. Usually the sister is angry about that whole turn of events...

Getting them back to sleep is no big deal...usually they just want a new diaper and they wanna lay down with us. But still, I would rather not get out of bed! We are switching their cribs into big-girl beds soon, which may help, or it may just make it easier for them to come and visit us in the middle of the night...I suppose we will have to wait and see.

One humorous note...now that they can talk, they tend to cry out for someone specifically. They start off whimpering, then it gets louder, and eventually there is a "Mommy" or a "Daddy" in there. Which means, of course, that we sit in bed hoping that they other one gets called:-)

Last night, around 4:45, LK woke up and just couldn't get back to sleep and eventually called for The Boy. Obviously that means good news for me, but when he was getting her, MA must have woken up because she immediately started crying, too...I had gotten as far as removing the covers and putting my feet on the floor when I heard her very clearly say:

"Munchkin"

Hee hee...I am cool with not being needed;-)

3 comments:

Our Happy Married Life... said...

that's really, really cute. But, how do you feel with your ranking? haha. Mom's do all the work and get the least credit. Jeesh! :)))

V said...

So cute :)
I hope Munchkin got up to tend to the little one ;)

Kari said...

Ahh...you have trained them well!