Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Watermelon: The Super Food!

Happy Wednesday, everyone...hope that you haven't missed my witty musings too much over the last several blog-less days. I have been busy thoroughly enjoying the time with my two little sisters, and just haven't got around to blogging.

So let's see...Tinkerbelle and I have been here since last Thursday, the rest of the regular crew was around for the weekend (including The Boy's Twin Sister, her wife and the kid) and Munchkin got back from camp on Saturday. Since Sunday night, it has been just me and the two girls and it has been super fun:-). You'd think, with a dozen-or-so bedrooms, that we wouldn't all sleep in the same bed, but you'd be wrong about that...

Tinkerbelle and I challenged ourselves to eat an entire watermelon for lunch yesterday between us. We didn't quite finish, but I actually have to admit that I felt pretty good for most of the afternoon...I am thinking that I should maybe publish an "All you can eat Watermelon Miracle Diet" book. Right?

A friend of Munchkin's from school is down for the week with her family, and they are having a cookout tonight, so we are headed over there in a little bit. This friend's Mom and Dad are two of my favorite school parents, so I am actually really looking forward to seeing them. Very, very nice people, and I am sure they will be in an even better mood than usual, it is vacation after all!

Turns out that, in the week Munchkin was away, the local boys suffered from a horrific and intense case of missing her. She got flowers when she got back from one boy, a borderline-epic poem (seriously, like four pages long...but honestly, like really good!) from another one and had two dates this week. I dunno what it is...there's a lot of pretty girls in the world, but this one has an effect on boys that is pretty hard to explain...

One of the dates turned out to be really bad, and I should probably be angrier about it than I am (short version...he wanted to make out a lot, she did not). But she seems kind of unfazed by the whole thing, didn't have a whole lot of trouble handling it, and can very much see the humor in it. I don't really worry about her feeling pressured into doing things she doesn't feel comfortable with...but I guess I am not 100% comfortable with these little hornballs even trying. I guess I am gonna have to get used to this...it certainly isn't going to get any less concerning as she gets older...

Fortunately, the second one was better and she had more fun. As I have written before, in light of the French Boyfriend, I actually like the idea of her dating (again, a "date" is like pizza and ice cream and home by 9:00)...certainly much more than I would like the idea of her ignoring the normal kinds of interactions that kids her age have because she is hung up on an absurd idea of an overseas love. I feel like she has a really healthy attitude about the whole thing, and I like to see her continue to grow, meet new people and form new kinds of relationships. Not to keep beating on the same issue, but she already has a lot of practice in maintaining friendships with boys who have professed crushes on her that she doesn't care to reciprocate...

Anyway, enough about that, we will see how the forthcoming trip changes all of this.

I will post answers to the most recent questions, and the next set tomorrow, so if you want to get yours in...you better hurry! Until then...

1 comment:

megabrooke said...

mmmmm watermelon!
munchkin is quite the girl! :)