Tuesday, September 08, 2009

98%

OK...so my riddle yesterday turned out to be not at all difficult to figure out, since about 30 of you figured it out right off the bat. But yes, just to clarify, The Boy has gone ahead and knocked me up...

To be accurate, I don't know that to be true. I am strongly suspicious (enough that I am not drinking, eating sushi or...um...eating un-pasteurized eggs...?) but I am putting off taking a pregnancy test until this weekend so I can pretend for a little bit longer.

One great thing about the blogosphere is that I can go ahead and broadcast this to everyone here, and not worry about waiting the requisite 3 1/2 months or so. Big Sis, Smoking Hot Roommate, The Boy and his Twin Sister are the only "real" people that read this, and they all already know, so there are no secrets being revealed here.

So, here is what I know:

Last period started July 28, and I was due again on August 25. In the few days leading up to that, the stomach cramps and bloating were worse than normal, and felt a little different. My boobs got (by my standards;-)) really big and more sensitive than usual. And yes, this was all while I was in France...
So, I am now about two weeks late, boobs are still big, stomach is still kinda funny. So, I definitely do not know for sure that I am pregnant, but I am strongly suspicious. As per the title of this post, I am like 98% sure that I am. I am definitely excited, and The Boy is ecstatic (I may take a test for his eyes only tomorrow;-))...but I am also completely terrified...
However, if I hold off until this weekend on the test, then I can still pretend for a couple of days that I am not;-) And I won't tell Munchkin until then, hoping that her excitement rubs off on me:-P
Is that a bad sign?

17 comments:

Rachel H. said...

No, it's not a bad sign...it's a scary but definitely exciting time of your life, and you'll definitely warm up to it! I know that I had to warm up to it when I saw the test. Hurry and take the test...I want you to tell us your are 100% sure!

Anonymous said...

:) :) :) :) :)

Our Happy Married Life... said...

so exciting. YOu are going to be a great mother. i don't know how you are holding off taking a test. I would have taken one by now for sure... he he!

Shannon said...

Well if it's true and it sounds like it probably is then Many Many Congratulations!!! That's soo exciting! I'm sure Munchkin will be thrilled to be an auntie again.

laurwilk said...

Haha. YAY! I am awful excited about this as you know. Good thing you already had a 'Motherhood' tag!

I'm stealing internet from the new neighbors - get on, get on!!!!

Katie said...

I saw your post yesterday and my mind was of course on football, not pregnancy. So I was trying to figure out what your connection was to Kentucky or any other schools that started with a K!

And I just now realized that Kentucky is actually UK and not KU. Oops!

I don't want to say congrats yet until you're 100% .... don't want to jinx anything.

DSS said...

I think the possiblity is lovely :) You have already been such a great surrogate mother to Munchkin, as well as a fabulous sister. I know you will be a great mother. Whenever that time may come. Just so glad that everyone is excited about your little family's potential growth spurt!!

Can't wait to hear either way....

megabrooke said...

wow!! congrats!

Irene said...

Oh My...Congrats!! You are almost exactly a year later than I was, so your baby will be a late April/early May Baby I guess. They are great (well mine is at least, he's a cute little angel most of the time)

So try to enjoy the time, being pregnant rocks (most of the time)...my advice:

take belly shots, they are great to look at later to see the difference. I was amazed when I looked at them and saw how my belly grew.

Kari said...

Exciting!
Hope you are taking your vitamin B's and eating your protein...those will help both you and babe.
Don't worry about lack of excitment...it means that you realize how big of a change (in a good way!) babe will be!!
You can totally handle this...

Kari

Still just me said...

Awesome!

Lori S-C said...

changes are hard, and you have a lot of them going on all at once! Take some deep breaths and go one little bit at a time!
It will all be wonderful, whatever happens....

Lori

HappyascanB said...

How exciting! Congrats!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh. My. God. Take the test, I want to know!!

Louise

boohoo said...

How exciting!

You're very brave telling everyone so early. I'd wait the three months first. My aunt just lost her baby after telling everyone pretty much from the moment she conceived and it was really tough on her cos everyone got so excited they were discussing names and stuff. Not that I want to put a downer on anything. I'm just overly cautious that's all.

Oh ignore me, I'm just a worrier. Congratulations :)

lisa said...

great news! Wish you the best luck there is

Accidentally Me said...

Ys - I am not telling "real" people for that very reason. Big Sis and SHR know, and The Boy's sister, but that is it. If the test if positive, I will tell some more family members, but I won't really tell anyone until at least three months.