Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Two sisters and a mystery

Way past my bed time, but I finally finished with the work I had to get done for my 8:00am class, and realized that I will likely not have a chance to blog tomorrow. It will take me a little while to mentally wind down anyway, so blogging will help me get ready for bed. The Boy had a 9:30 softball game (I know, huh?) and I won't really fall asleep until he gets home. I am a worrier, what do you want from me?

I accidentally told Tinkerbelle that I am pregnant...oops! She called me to chat, and I sorta lost track of myself and let it slip while we were talking about her coming to visit next summer. I made her promise and super-sister-pinky-swear not to tell anyone else, but I don't know how that will work out. I have a hard time thinking that she won't tell her Mom, and I have to feel like she will tell the rest of the family. When I finally tell my aunts and uncles, I will be able to tell whether or not they are pretending to be excited, or whether they really are surprised. No real concern either way:-)

Munchkin says that things are better at school, although she was a little bit evasive as to whether she did something specific, or whether the other girl apologized or whether something else happened. That's OK, she can tell me if she wants to (yea, as if! I will totally check with a couple of the teachers that I am sort of friendly with who will spill the dirt for me!)

Special weekend plans that I just found about today:-). The Boy has been scheming a little bit...

Munchkin is going to be away on Saturday night because she is going to New Jersey with the family she babysits for. They have a family wedding, and they are bringing the kids down with them, but not to the actual wedding...so Munchkin is going with to be the Nanny. (She will probably get paid like $200 for that, which I would totally do if I was asked!)

I had kinda figured on a relaxing weekend bumming around the apartment, but The Boy went one better and is taking me somewhere. I don't know exactly where...but it is somewhere in New England, and he assures me that the agenda includes absolutely nothing except relaxing and eating! We are leaving on Friday night, Munchkin is staying with Smoking Hot Roommate Friday (the two of them are responsible for packing for me, since I don't know what to pack:-)) and we are coming back on Sunday.

I figure it has to be one of three places...North to the mountains in New Hampshire, Maine or Vermont; West to the Berkshires; or possibly South to Newport. The first and second would mean some classic Fall scenery...crisp air and lots of color. The third is a little non-traditional for Fall around here, but is actually a really neat spot at that time of year because it is a little slower-paced than it is all summer. Regardless of where it is, I can promise that I will spend some time under the hands of a professional masseuse, and there is a really good chance that I spend some time soaking in a hot tub!

Of course, it is supposed to rain, but I don't really care...I would be totally happy to lounge around in bed all day and look out the window at that great Fall scenery:-). And wherever it is, let's all give The Boy lots and lots of thanks for being a super thoughtful baby daddy:-)

9 comments:

Rachel H. said...

Such a sweet boy!! I would love it if Grant planned something like that for me, but right now, his major priority is working on the house and painting the baby's room.

Anonymous said...

Three cheers for The Boy and for surprise trips! Have fun!

Ally said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend is ahead of you! For some reason, I think pregnancy = no hot tub, but I could totally be wrong on that one. You may just want to check. I could go for a massage this weekend too.....

Our Happy Married Life... said...

how sweet of him. I guess this is the weekend to surprise your spouse with a trip! have a great time!

just me said...

Have a wonderful time honey but before you do the hot tub thing check with your o.b. gyn. As i'm pretty sure hot tubs are no no's when you are 'up stick' bad for blood pressure.... Sorry to be a boring old hag but each time I was preg I wanted to soak in hot tub to take off pressure but was always told NO!!
big kisses and much love xx

boohoo said...

Sounds like a wonderful way to spend the weekend :) Such a great surprise :)

Rachel and John said...

You are so lucky! It seems like people are throwing you suprise trips all the time!

Enjoy the Fall scenery!

Anonymous said...

I'd double check on the hot tub...all of my girlfriends who've been pregnant have been told to avoid it! Enjoy your weekend.

Jen said...

Oh, enjoy your weekend getaway! I can't wait to hear where you went!

~ Jen