Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Babysitters Wanted!

Anyone wanna babysit for a couple days? I think I have to go away tomorrow morning and I am kind of pinched for child care resources...Smoking Hot Roommate and Big Sis are both out of town, The Boy has a conference and will essentially be tied up for the whole time, and Papa Bear will be with me. I can probably find a friend of hers who she can go home with on Thursday, but I gotta get on that a bit...

But seriously, if any of you want to crash at my place and take the little one to school and pick her up...let me know...:-D.

If I take a step back, though, how lucky am I? There are a number of single parents that read (or even married parents), and I think they would all agree that I am extremely lucky to have so many people that can lend this kind of support in a pinch. I am fortunate to have a really remarkable support system for things like this.

Anyway, my back is feeling better, but it is still not close to 100%. Hopefully the airplane ride tomorrow won't aggravate it too much. We are also tentatively golfing on Thursday afternoon, which I may have to beg out of if it hurts too much (or if I chicken out because I am too scared to play golf with anyone else because I suck so much!).

The good news with this trip is that we have to be back by about 2:00 on Friday, which is just late enough for me to justify not going to work:-P. That will ruin my plans for talking Boss Foxy into massages at lunchtime, but it does make the weekend a little bit longer.

Depending on the weather, we may head to the beach for the weekend. It won't be warm enough to sit on the beach, but we will be able to open the house up and start to get it ready for the summer! Oh boy, I love the thought of that:-D.

5 comments:

Still just me said...

If only I lived closer, I would love to stay with Munchkin!


My kids were all five years apart, so I never lacked for a sitter either, until now. Logan is good for short periods of time, and I have "sister-wife", but that is all I have. You are very lucky to have such a large support system.

anne said...

I hope you are giving your back a rest, overall, and you know what I mean.

Aaron said...

What does this gig pay?

Accidentally Me said...

Crisis averted! Twin Sister to the rescue!!! (Of course, she probably offered to babysit just so that she could have a babysitter for herself...Babysitting the Babysitter!)

Anonymous said...

i'd do it in a minute if you didnt live in butfuck. lol.