Thursday, May 15, 2008

Three Things

I had a dream last night where Tim Gunn was performing his Project Runway role on Top Chef. It included the phrase "I am concerned about that parsnip." It was really kinda hilarious.

Speaking of Top Chef...has there ever been a more clear favorite than Richard? Everyone seems to do some good things and some bad, and the best chefs are the ones who do more good than bad. Like, Dale and Stephanie have been strong for the most part, but they have also done some really stupid stuff. And then some people like Spike and that girl with the nose ring are usually near the bottom, but have done some stuff that the judges really like, too.

Richard, though, is always at the top, or in the middle. Like last night, they didn't love his burrito with the rice paper, but they liked it and never gave even an ounce of consideration to him being near the bottom. He just seems to be the most consistently good one of the group. Doesn't mean he will win, but you have to expect that he will be in the final few.

I just caught up with last week's episode, the wedding one, and I gotta say...I love the bride in that. The groom wanted all of this fairy bruschetta, sea bass and antipasti...and she came right out and said "I like pizza, and steak. And fried chicken. Well, anything fried. Deep fried." Loved her!!!

-------------

Actual conversation this morning with Smoking Hot Roommate:

Me: Hey, are you meeting us for chicken fingers?
SHR: Probably. As long as I get out of this afternoon's meeting in time.
Me: What kind of meeting?
SHR: With a post-grad at MIT with a neat patent.
Me: What is it?
SHR: Um...algae.
Me: Algae?
SHR: Hey, there is big money in algae.
Me: Like pond scum?
SHR: I will tell you all about it at dinner.
Me: Could you maybe not?
SHR: I'll bring some. It goes great with honey mustard.

So, that is your lesson for the day. There is big money in algae. As an additive to various condiments.

----------

A couple of you have asked me for an update on The Boy moving in. Really, nothing new to report...still on the same schedule. He is gonna put his condo on the market pretty soon, and then we are planning on him moving in with us sometime at the end of the summer.

He's excited, I am excited, and Munchkin is ecstatic. I am definitely ready:-) (Well, I will be by then!)

8 comments:

Rachel H. said...

Yay for The Boy moving in! And that's so great that Munchkin is excited about him moving in as well! And Algae? Yuck! I would say, maybe wait 'til after dinner, huh?

anne said...

Tim Gunn on Top Chef = a dream come true.

I'm Not Carrie Bradshaw said...

I am really getting into Top Chef. I am a total foodie but can't stand the drama of primadonna chefs (hence me thinking that Rocco DiSpirito show was the most horrific show ever). I agree Richard seems to be the most consistent but was really surprised Andrew got voted off as I thought he was really creative.

Nilsa S. said...

Love your dream, because it melds my two favorite reality shows! And here's my prediction about Richard. He won't win. These reality shows edit and snip and cut until you're not really sure whether a sentence was actually said or just blended together post-production. They want you to think certain things, feel certain ways about the chefs. So, they can hang you out to dry sometime later. My next prediction? Lisa will win. Because she gets on my last nerve. Every single one of them!

ella said...

I have a huge crush on Spike. And as much as I love Tim Gunn, what qualifies him to be a culinary judge?

Accidentally Me said...

Ella - Um...he is Tim Gunn! He is an expert on everything!!! He could beat Chuck Norris in a fight simply by being too refined to lose!!!

Anonymous said...

Okay Tim Gunn on parsnips made me laugh out loud just now and get looked at like I'm crazy.

Love it. Love this blog. I'm new here and thinking I'll be sticking around!

Aaron said...

I missed Top Chef this year (I know, I know!) and I figured it was too late to get into it, so I didn't.