Monday, May 05, 2008

Various injuries

In all seriousness, I have completely fucked my back up. The good news (or so my doctor friend tells me) is that it is a muscular problem and not a disc problem...in other words, a muscle strain as opposed to a, um...whatever else it would have been. My prescribed program for relief is Advil, heat and stretching. And not sitting still for too long (so, like walking around the office every half hour.)

And yes, it is absolutely a sex injury. I was feeling a little frisky on Saturday morning, jumped in the shower with The Boy...yada yada yada... I am pretty sure it happened from being bent over, leaning against the wall. It's not like there was a sharp pain, it actually came about an hour later, so I am guessing that I just got into an awkward position and strained my lower back. However, I had an orgasm in that position, so I am not calling it all bad...

It actually feels better already, but I am not real mobile, and can't really lift anything up. Walking around feels good though, so its not like I have to spend all my time in bed. And, I can convince pretty much anyone I see to give me massages:-). Jenn has suggested a professional massage in a couple of days, and I could not possibly agree more!!! That seems like a tremendous idea;-). Maybe I can convince Boss Foxy to get massages at lunch later this week... In the meantime, my dearest little sister gets the honors;-). It's the least she could do to thank me for rescuing her from he orphanage:-P.

Who watched the horse race on Saturday? I went back and checked, and for some reason last year I never blogged about the fact that we went to the Kentucky Derby. I seem to have danced around it, and for the life of me I have no idea why I was withholding that...I am sure there was a reason, though. Anyway, because I have been there, I was sort of interested in watching the race last weekend. And I was obviously all fired up for the girl horse. And she did so well! She finished second, well ahead of everyone by one horse. Of course, I am sure you have all seen that things got immediately a lot worse right after the race ended:-(

It was actually really sad. I know it is just a horse, and that we put more thought into a horse dying than we do a lot of children...but that doesn't mean I can't feel bad about it. Horses run for our enjoyment and undergo great strain in the name of human entertainment, so it is really sad and makes us all feel a little guilty when one of them is that seriously hurt during the process. So there you have it...not exactly a "tragedy" in the full sense, but it still makes me sad. She was a good girl:-(.

9 comments:

boohoo said...

oh god i can't watch horse racing cos of the injuries. they're just horrific. i think it's probably cos i've always had horses so was raised in a very horse-y family.

lol @ you for your sex injury! fantastic thing to tell the grandkids, though, right? ;)

Rachel H. said...

I definitely think that the back pain is a great reason to spend time in bed and get a massage. I definitely using my back pain from cleaning as an excuse to get a massage.

I agree, sad about the horse dying at the Race!

Lpeg said...

And she was such a pretty horse too.

Too funny about the back injury.

I've had a few muscle aches after as well. Not always fun!

notbubbly said...

I'm so jealous you went last year! My friends and I had a party this year and vowed to make it there at some point in our lives.

Very sad about Eight Belles though and it totally changed the mood of the gathering.

Also, I seriously injured my back during some bedroom activities last week and I feel your pain!

Anonymous said...

Sex injuries are totally and completely worth it. Every time you're in pain just think of the amazing time you had :)

Anonymous said...

At least you have a good story about how you got your injury!

Hope it gets back to normal soon :)

Anonymous said...

a back injury from shower sex, huh? yeah. not feeling so bad for you right now. lol.

Rachel H. said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog about G wanting me to "hide" the fact that we live together. We talked about it briefly last night. I'm too tired to argue though, so I told him that I didn't want to talk about it. It definitely sucks. And I agree HR doesn't care...He thinks that our personal lives will in some way effect our professional lives. If this is how it's always going to be, then one of us needs to find a new job!

laurwilk said...

I was so sad about Eight Belles, too! My friends and I had just headed up from the infield to the stands right before the Derby. Kind of a put a damper on the mood -- even with all of the alcohol!

I was raised on a horse farm and I hate watching them be put down. She was one beautiful horse!

I am pretty sure the Derby has to be one of the most enjoyable sporting events that exists, though. It's so much fun and Louisville is a great city!