Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Cut the Sherbet! (or, The Most Random Post Ever"

I have another confession. I have an unnatural love of Edy's Swiss Orange Sherbet. Seriously...I love the stuff and I can eat it in massive quantities. You probably have to basically like sherbet to like it, but it is richer than most sherbets are.

Also, I like to say the word "Sherbet"...obviously pronounced with an extra "r", so it is more of a sher-bert. My visit to Wikipedia on this has revealed some interesting tidbits... The word, it turns out, is Turkish, which I would not have guessed. Sherbet takes a lot of different forms in different places...my UK readers might like to chime in on whether or not they like their "fizzy powder made from bicarbonate of soda, tartaric acid, sugar etc and usually cream soda or fruit flavoured."

Its original Turkish form was a "cold drink prepared with rose hips, cornelian cherries, rose or licorice and a variety of spices." The real winner in that whole article though, is this: "Sherbet is still served following circumcision ceremonies or a childbirth to increase lactation of the mother." Say what?!?! To increase lactation? Well, if that works, then I am gonna start gushing like a fucking Jersey Heffer soon, because I have eaten like four gallons of this stuff in the last two weeks...

So, how many of you woke up this morning and said "Gee, I hope I learn about some alternative ice cream products today"? Probably not many...but I feel like I should celebrate the lower fat, Vitamin C providing wonder of the Swiss Orange. And just for Brandy...it's gluten free!!! GLUTEN FREE!!! (So says their website)

Not sure how I got on the subject of sherbet...sometimes my mind works in strange ways.

Total shift of gears...can anyone explain to me how it is that Munchkin has a favorite soccer team? And how that team played in the "biggest game ever" today? And lost in heartbreaking fashion leaving her on the verge of tears? Really, this is all horribly confusing to me. What kind of a freak is she that she has a favorite soccer team? I'm not joking about this...it is all very confusing to me.

I am pretty sure this is somehow Smoking Hot Roommate's fault;-) The soccer thing seems like it would be her fault.

12 comments:

Ally said...

So do you like sherbet (tricky spelling/pronunciation...why does everyone add an "r"? are we all saying it incorrectly?) more than ice cream?

Anonymous said...

I think the soccer is actually my fault, indirectly. SHR is a Chelsea fan because I used to live near there and my friends used to take her to games a lot.

She probably turned the little one into a Blues Supporter (we must use proper lingo!)

boohoo said...

Sherbert just reminds me of "Austin Powers" ... "sherrrrrberrrrrt" hehehe. I love that film :)

it's not soccer - it's football! and she should really like rugby not that pants stuff anyway. rugby's a real game ;)

Douglas said...

maybe she is a TRAITOR...you are in boston...right???

soccer is the world sport after all. thank goodness she isn't solely focused on baseball (the world's most static/boring game) and Tom Brady...umm..i mean the Patriots and their cheating ways.

i prefer ice cream.

Anonymous said...

That is my favorite ice cream EVER!!

Accidentally Me said...

Ally - On the whole, I am still an ice cream fan, but this particular flavor if a huge favorite of mine.

Big Sis - Ahh...that makes so much sense! I like the "my friends" part...god forbid you ever rub elbows with the proliteriate...:-P

Ys - I had no idea about the soccer...er, football...so she could be a huge rugby fan or all I know!

Billy - Good to have you back;-) Since there is a town named Chelsea a couple of miles from here, she may actually be supporting the local teams...not sure what the rules are on that. And if baseball is boring, how exciting are four hours of left-hand turns:-p?

Whatsthat - Yay! I am so glad that I am not alone!!!

Anonymous said...

The Swiss Orange really has Vitamin C in it??! That could be considered HEALTHY food!! :)

Anonymous said...

I love sherbet and am now craving some like no other!

brandy said...

Confession: I have never had sherbet.

I feel this needs to be remedied immediately considering the fact that it's GLUTEN FREE!!!!!

Aaron said...

"Well, if that works, then I am gonna start gushing like a Jersey Heffer soon, because I have eaten like four gallons of this stuff in the last two weeks..."

Now THAT was freakin' hysterical.

Aaron said...

Oh, this one is for Munchkin:

http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.wordpress.com/2008/03/03/80-the-idea-of-soccer/

Trish Ryan said...

It's always good to learn about alternative ice cream products :)