Sunday, May 18, 2008

Oh, silly me

Oh, my...seems like I have some 'splaining to do;-).

It looks like maybe we have had a little misunderstanding around here. Apparently, many of you mistook Friday's post for something it is not: an announcement that I am pregnant.

And I can see were you might think that. I told you that my little sister is going to be an Aunt, and many of your made the logical leap of reason that I have suffered from some more birth control issues.

Many of you seem to have forgotten, however, that I am not her only sibling;-).

No, I am not pregnant. Her brother's wife is pregnant. So Munchkin will become Auntie Munchkin sometime very early next year. I shall remain neither mother nor Aunt...

OK, so there was no mistake at all:-D. The misleading post was entirely, 100% intentional. Oh, come on...don't be mad. How could I resist? It was just too easy! And it was Friday, so I am entitled to have a little bit of fun. And a couple of your weren't fooled at all. Ella and I'm Not Carrie Bradhsaw both saw through the ruse, and Not Bubbly didn't seem at all fooled, either. SJM seemed to have an inkling that it wasn't me, even though she didn't guess the actual mom-to-be. Some of the rest of you seemed a little inquisitive as well, but since it was after I published those comments, you could have just stolen the idea from them, so you only get half credit:-P.

Is it cruel of me to play jokes on you like that? Absolutely not! It's all in good fun, and I am sure to be as gullible as anyone you will ever find if you try and get me back...

The good news is that I was (or would have been) touched by the outpouring of good wishes. You all seem much happier about it than I would be:-P. Loads of lovely comments, congratulatory emails and general well-wishes. So, if in fact I was pregnant, that would have made me feel very good. Maybe I will save them all and resend them to myself if I ever do get knocked up;-).

I don't think this was entirely a planned pregnancy, although it was probably not entirely unplanned, either (if that makes sense). But they are both very excited, and Munchkin is bonkers-ecstatic at the idea. She will make a great Auntie:-).

So, to recap. The good news: Munchkin is in fact going to be an Aunt. The better news: I am still very un-pregnant;-)

2 comments:

Still just me said...

Congradulations on being NOT pregnant!

Not a one of my three children were planned, but I never, ever will consider them mistakes. They were all wonderful surprises, including the little one we have now.

kristin said...

that's hilarious.

i feel like we should have known considering you pulled the engaged joke pre-engagement. :)