Monday, October 06, 2008

My, how smooth your legs are...

I am glad that everyone else felt as twinkly inside as I did about The Boy and Munchkin hanging out:-) I joke about the level of cuteness, but it really does make me feel good, I like that they are buddies.

Since she got home super late, she was exhausted after her soccer game on Saturday morning, but she still played and it was still a pretty nice morning to be outside watching. Even if I did have a bit of a hangover from being out with some of my girlfriends the night before. After she took a nap, she left for her friend's house for the afternoon and the evening. The Boy was golfing, which meant I had most of Saturday afternoon to myself.

I took a very, very long bath, shaved, plucked, waxed, moisturized, painted, exfoliated and did just about any other type of self-spa-ing that you can imagine. And it was heavenly!!! After The Boy got home and showered, he did a thoroughly wonderful inspection of all of that pampering...lol.

We had a really nice date after that:-). It dawned on me that we haven't really spent a ton of time together just the two of us lately (at least not outside of the house.) So it was nice to just be able to sit and talk and eat and people watch and stuff. Nothing special, but that is what makes it nice, I guess.

And Sunday was kind of uneventful. Munchkin and I went to the store in the morning to buy a whole mess of groceries and stuff. She had a project to work on for school, so she had to skip her football watching date with Smoking Hot Roommate (which meant no afternoon-long romp in the bedroom for me...which I guess is OK since we got a lot of that taken care of on Saturday:-D).

I did make dinner, which makes me feel responsible and domestic. I made a chicken and broccoli and ziti thing which turned out really good and which will provide leftovers for a while, too;-). I should cook more...I always enjoy it, but I never feel motivated enough to do it...

Anyway, back to work, I guess...hope everyone had a nice weekend:-)

4 comments:

megabrooke said...

sounds like a good weekend AM! are you as tired as the rest of boston today?

Accidentally Me said...

brookem - Nope...I have not been afflicted by the weird civic obsession that causes people to stay up late watching baseball!!!

laurwilk said...

I sure am glad that you sent me this link. I wouldn't want to miss out on this post!

Sounds like you had a lot of fun. I desperately need to self-spa in the near future!!

boohoo said...

It dawned on me that we haven't really spent a ton of time together just the two of us lately (at least not outside of the house.)

I know the feeling. I think me and mine are going to have to find the spare cash for some dates.