Thursday, October 30, 2008

Tinkerbelle or Treat

I can't believe no one was impressed that I showed up at a wedding not knowing that it was two girls getting married...seriously, who else could that happen to?

Who watched Obama's infomercial last night? I actually found it almost a little embarrassing... too cheesy for my taste. Also, I may have misheard, but I think he set his new definition of rich at $200,000 a year. Biden said $150,000 last week...anyone else not like this trend? And is it at all surprising? Sigh...

Tomorrow I am going to do my great 2008 Election Coverage Experiment, so you all have that to loo forward to.

I am off to Chicago for the weekend tomorrow because I haven't been in a while and I miss Tinkerbelle:-) Some other people, too...but mostly her. I probably should have picked a different weekend since Munchkin wants to stay home for Halloween with her friends, but what can you do. I don't always think ahead... This means that we will likely go together in the next couple of weeks (maybe right after Thanksgiving?) I suppose she is old enough to go by herself, but I still like to go with her:-) For this weekend, though, it is just me, which may actually be kinda nice (oh, The Boy is going to the Cape for a guys weekend). Munchkin is staying with Smoking Hot Roommate on Friday and Big Sis on Saturday...aren't they awesome?

I am hoping to get there in time to go trick or treating, which will require me getting out of work very early. That may be ambitious, but in the event that I can't, she has promised to stay in costume until I get there...the costume is a closely guarded state secret... Other than that, I am gonna try and catch up with some friends and some family and that is about it. Let's pray it doesn't snow...

Finally, I have been remiss in not mentioning that I am most likely going back to school next fall. I covered a lot of this last fall when I decided to put it off until this year, so I don't have much else to add other than having decided to apply. So, that will be taking up a lot of my time from now until January. I am going to apply to two places (both are super fancy-shmancy schools really close to here...you can probably guess what they are) which might not sound like much, but includes lots of essays and some interviews and lining up recommendations and so on and so forth. Umm...so...wish me luck, I guess:-)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not understanding how you're "hoping to get there in time" -- you're flying, no?

Good luck with the school stuff! I think that's fabulous!!!

Accidentally Me said...

Dawn - I am...but it is gonna be a very tight schedule to get to her house in time.

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh! Now I understand. When you talked about having to leave work very early, I thought you meant that you were going to do a full day's drive in a couple of hours! I knew that I was misunderstanding SOMETHING! :)

Have a super-fun time!

jamie said...

Enjoy Chicago! I hope you have a great weekend.

I didn't watch the Obamamercial, but I have heard about it. I am excited for this election to be over!

laurwilk said...

I want to go to Chicago for the weekend too!

Have fun. What is Tinkerbelle dressing up as?

Accidentally Me said...

Jamie - It was kinda ridiculous...lol

Laurwilk - She won't tell me...she is keeping it a secret:-)

OC said...

You just missed me in Chicago again! It was very cold and windy out there though so good luck!

What are you going back to school for?