Monday, October 27, 2008

Two years

Was your blog-i-versary a week ago? Mine was...and I seem to have forgotten it entirely. But yes, two years and six days ago, I sat down in my (then, and again now) living room on a Friday night and decided to start writing shit down. I was a little bit sick, so I had stayed in and the mood struck. Two years, and 560+ posts later...voila!

I wish I had more time to write about this, because I feel like I should have some pretty deep thoughts. And, given the time to articulate them, I do. But I am a little rushed and can't give this the attention that I want to right now. Maybe some other time...

I am actually disappointed in myself for missing the anniversary. Because, I LOVE blogging. I really do. I love that I can spout whatever nonsense comes to mind that day...be it politics, TV or what I had for breakfast. And I love that I can read other people's nonsense, too. I love that I can go back and read my thoughts from certain times. I love that other people can chime in on life. I blog almost every weekday, and almost never feel like it is a chore. In fact, there are a lot of times that I wish I had a computer nearby to write something down. Often, I forget what it was that I wanted to write.

Mostly, I love the "blog friends" that I have made...who are, at this point, too numerous to even begin naming. You stretch across the world, and around the country. You have political views from the far left to the far right and everywhere in between. You are lawyers, and doctors and nurses and teachers and bankers and techies and students and all things in between. You are smart and funny and charming and cute and friendly and compassionate and thoughtful and all of the other nice words that I can't fit into that sentence:-). You are married, single, divorced, engaged, gay, straight, tall, short, men, women, old, young, parents, children, brothers and sisters (um...I just realized that there are very few minority bloggers...what's up with that? I have two Asian readers, and um...that is about it...seriously?). You are all different, and that is what makes you so great:-)

A lot has changed in two years, and I am sure a lot will change in the next two and the two after that. But hopefully, I will be able to blog it all:-)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope the funeral was not too bad.
How was the wedding?

Congrats to your anniversary!! Two years and nearly every work day a post,... phu. No way that I manage that. :-)
Keep on writing, I love your Blog!

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary!

I'm stickin' around for the rest of what you write, for however long you write, for whatever you choose to write. :)

boohoo said...

I always miss the aniversaries too! I think mine was in September sometime... Happy belated anniversary :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your Blogaversary! I am so happy I came accress your blog so long ago - I love reading whatever you have to say and I am looking forward to another 2 years!

Ally said...

Happy blogaversary to you! Happy blogaversary to you! Happy....

Glad to know you:)

Anonymous said...

Oooh. Sort of glad you missed yours so that I have a better chance of remembering mine...which is in a couple of weeks (4 years! So scary.).

We feel very similarly about blogging. Go us.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your blogversary! I LOVE your blog! Even when I took my year long+ blog hiatus, yours was the first blog I had to read again! I'm half asian, does that count as being a semi-minority reader? lol.

ella said...

Work for the past few years just wouldn't have been the same without your IM's.

brandy said...

What a great post! Happy (belated) anniversary!

I'm Not Carrie Bradshaw said...

Happy Blogaversary! It's always fun to read your musings!

laurwilk said...

Nice work! Two years is a looong time. I've been blogging for over a year which seems strange! (I haven't been actively blogging that long however, ha I slack!)

Hope you had a good weekend!! I love that you blog daily.

Woolly said...

I feel the same way about blogging!

Keep writing!

Lpeg said...

Happy Blogaversary!

So glad I found you, you've entertained me quite a bit over the past year!

jackie said...

Just found your blog this morning and haven't stopped reading since. That means I have been sitting here on my couch since roughly 8:30 this morning and now it's after 5. Not caught up yet but jumped ahead to comment. What a story. What a mom. What a friend. There are many other things I should have done today, in three weeks I am semi-permanently moving over-seas, and I have just a few other things that I should be doing. I have a problem with reading, as in I could happily spend the rest of my life doing nothing but...thanks for a great read, added you to my bookmarks and look forward to reading on while I settle in Saudi Arabia.