Monday, August 11, 2008

Rain, Rain, Go Away...

First of all...I am surprised at the number of people that have never seen Almost Famous. It made Kate Hudson a star, has a cameo by Rainn Wilson (Dwight Shrute!) and it will totally re-shape the way you think about Elton John's Tiny Dancer. In other words, you should see it soon if you can. You will love it.

What the FUCK is up with this weather? Seriously...it has rained every day for like the last month. Not constant rain, and there has been a lot of nice weather in there, too...but we have developed a Floridian habit of massive Thunderstorms passing through every single afternoon. Of course today it is just plain raining.

We had a nice weekend at the beach though:-) Smoking Hot Roommate ended up getting back a little earlier than expected on Friday, so we managed to get to the beach at a pretty good hour. Her Mom's family showed up en masse on Friday and Saturday, which was really fun. They are all going to be there all week now, and hopefully they have good weather!

Saturday and Sunday were both gorgeous...although, true to form, it rained Saturday night, and I think again last night after we left.

Anyone want to guess who is coming to visit me next weekend?

6 comments:

Ally said...

Tinkerbelle?

Accidentally Me said...

You got it!

erin said...

That's who I was going to guess too! :) Almost Famous is definitely in my top movies, I can watch it over an over again and never get tired of it

anne said...

Ally beat me to it.

AF is a GREAT movie and also a really good soundtrack - which come to think of it I have lost...

Soup said...

Just thought I'd share that it's pissing down here in London too. Sometimes it feels better to know that there's crap elsewhere too :)

boohoo said...

I guessed the same :)

It's been raining here on and off all week but to be honest we really needed some rain.