Friday, August 01, 2008

Weekend Ahoy!

I originally titled this TGIF, and then I realized that Kate wrote this morning and already claimed that title...rather than plagiarize, I changed it:-P

Sorry for being a terrible blogger all week...it has been sort of busy and I have been dragging, too. I still don't feel like I have quite caught up on sleep from last weekend. I also feel like I never adequately covered Smoking Hot Roommate's wedding, but now it seems like kind of stale news to really go over it. Sufficed to say: totally great wedding, completely top notch all the way around. When the photographer posts pictures, maybe I will put some here, but I wouldn't count on it (remember when I promised after Big Sis's wedding last year? How did that work out...?)

She and The Rocket Scientist are on their honeymoon...Greece this week and Italy next week. The Greek week is just to sit on the beach on some quiet island somewhere, and the Italian week will be a little more touristy...Rome, Venice, Florence, I think...not sure exactly. The Rocket Scientist has never been, so he wanted to do a little more than just veg on the beach for two weeks.

Meanwhile, I am spending the two weeks visiting a little town called Jealousville...

Munchkin and I had chicken fingers for the first time in what seems like forever last night. It was nice:-) The Boy met us, and some other friends stopped in on their way home from work or out for the night, too. I wonder if Munchkin will be too cool to have dinner with her big sister every Thursday at some point? I hope not...it is my favorite tradition.

Secretly I am really hoping she stays in Boston when she goes to college so I can take her to dinner every Thursday...is that dorky of me?

Headed to the beach after work. In fact, I am planning on leaving work early and heading this afternoon. For a while it looked like it was just going to be me and Munchkin, but now there is a little more of a crowd coming, which should be nice. Awful big house for just the two of us to bounce around in:-). I plan on reading and sitting in the sun...and not much else!

I had a wonderful talk with The Judge last night (I also just re-read those posts and they made me cry again...like they always do). I called him last week because a conversation with Kristen B reminded me that I hadn't talked to him in a while. He called me back last night and we had a really nice talk. He is coming out here this fall for a symposium of some sort, and I can't wait to buy him dinner:-). He has also never met The Boy, and since he exerted some influence in my getting custody of Munchkin, he feels some responsibility for her well-being and would probably like to meet her new roommate:-)

I guess that is about it for this week...not my best as a blogger, but I can't be witty and insightful every single week! Hope everyone has a great weekend.

6 comments:

erin said...

A week on an island in Greece? How perfect! Have fun at the beach this weekend!

Still just me said...

Isn't it funny how the smallest of traditions mean the most?

laurwilk said...

I am very jealous of all the quality time you get in with your sister!

Have a great weekend at the beach. I am jeeealous.

Anonymous said...

greece and italy? crap. i hate them. lol.

boohoo said...

I'm sure Munchkin will still want dinner every Thursday with her big sister :)

Hope the weekend at the beach went well! It wasn't really the weather for the beach here this weekend.

Accidentally Me said...

Erin - Done!

SJM - Yup:-) I know I have written about this a lot, but I so look forward to chicken fingers every week!

Laurwilk - No shortage of quaity time...lol.

KT - Yea, me too.

YS - I hope so! I will cry the day she doesnt...