Wednesday, August 06, 2008

My Office Should Be on the Beach

I have been back in the office for exactly 32 minutes, and I am officially looking at the clock and wondering when the day will be over...is that bad of me? I haven't even been here long enough to think I am bored yet! And, I have plenty to do...I will most definitely not be bored today.

Yesterday was actually one of the most productive work days I have ever had...proving that you actually can work from the beach. I got a TON of sun over the previous three days, so I spent most of yesterday sitting on the couch with my laptop and a pile of stuff to get through. The peace and quiet served me well...as I got an absolute mountain of work done. So, maybe I need to do that some more, right?

Smoking Hot Roommate is back from her honeymoon on Friday, and her mother's family is invading the beach house starting tomorrow for the next week and a half...so hopefully she gets home without any issues, because I know she wants to get to the beach as quickly as possible.

Munchkin has a golf date today...how cute is that? Well, assuming it stops raining this afternoon... She is playing with three boys, at least one of whom has an obvious crush on her, which was confirmed by his father. When I talked to him about picking her up today, he offered "I don't care how old you are, men don't invite a woman to play golf with them unless they really like her." Which sorta cracked me up...although I would add that SHR gets invited to play in at least 150 golf tournaments a year, primarily because she is absurdly good, and gets to play from the girls' tees. I guess the tall, leggy blond part helps...

And for the record...all three boys are 14 years old and one year ahead of her in school, which is totally within my comfort zone...lol. Shit...I forget to give her money. I guess that means I need to make a quick trip home this morning. There is one excuse to leave the office...anyone have any others?

I don't have a whole lot else for you today. I am expecting some big blogosphere news in the near future, but that is still under wraps, and I am nothing if not a good secret keeper!

So, until then...back to work, I guess...

3 comments:

Scotty said...

If it weren't for the files I have to look at, I would totally work from home more often.

ella said...

Back to your old ways of teasing us!

Ally said...

And you're not on IM....not fair!