Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Tuesday Threesome (No, Not the Fun Kind)

First of all...a hearty congratulations to Aaron and his lovely soon-to-be bride Sarah. Contrary to what that picture may imply, Sarah is, in fact, NOT an Indian Princess, but she plays one on stage sometimes:-P.

Second, I love how British people talk...Blue Soup noted yesterday that "it's pissing down here in London too". I really wish I could use "piss" more often in conversation. It is just not an acceptable ladylike American thing to do . It is nice that Bostonians can use the word "pissah" in a sentence, but it is not quite the same thing.

For the record, "pissah" is an extremely high degree of "good". It would be several rungs higher that "awesome" on the lingo ladder. For instance, when the Red Sox beat the Yankees, you might be able to say "That game was pissah!" There is, in fact, only one degree of positivity higher than that...and that would be the rarely used and incredibly powerful "wicked pissah". For example: "It was wicked pissah when the Red Sox won the World Series." Got it? Now you can pretend to be from Boston like I do:-D

And third, Ally correctly noted the (not very well kept, I already told you) secret from yesterday. Tinkerbelle is coming to visit:-) For my new readers, Tinkerbelle is my other little sister (i.e., the one that doesn't live with me). She and I have the same father (Munchkin and I have the same Mother) and I only met her at Christmas two years ago because my deadbeat father suspected but never bothered to confirm that he had another daughter. Moving along.

I don't get to see her nearly as much as I would like to, although I do get to talk to her a lot and she can email a little bit, too. She gets to see many of our cousins all the time, though, which is a very good thing...they are super, super people and they love having the new addition to the family around.

Tinkerbelle's Mom threw out her back earlier this summer, and is having surgery on Monday to fix it, and Tinkerbelle is coming out to visit me while her Mom is recovering all week:-) Does anyone else think this is going to be the BEST WEEK EVER?!?!? I sure do:-D. She is flying out with one of our cousins, who is staying for the weekend, and then she is gonna stay all week. I think my plan is to stay at the beach for most of the week so that I can do some work and she can be occupied the whole time. I think I can pretty much work half days all week from there.

Assuming it stops raining at some point!!!

1 comment:

Aaron said...

Oh, thanks. :)

And to clarify, she's actually wearing a "costume" for a costume-ball party which is part of the scene in the play she's in. If that makes any sense, anyway.