There are a lot of fun blog activities that circulate the web, and I am making up my own today:-) It should be fun, I think. First, a confession: I love ringtones. That's right, I am a ringtone whore...virtually everyone who matters has their own song that plays when they call me. And I never get tired of the little music snippets I get all day if anyone calls. OK...not "all day"...since I feel like it is not maybe that professional to have Christina Aguilera blaring out of my phone at work...
What I have decided to do is to run through all of my ringtones, and tell you why each one belongs to the person it belongs to. Call it "insight through RAZR" (yes, I need a new phone.) So, here are all of the tones I have in my phone right now.
- Big Sis: "California Love" - 2Pac. Because it's her favorite song. Yes.
- Smoking Hot Roommate: "Mr. Brightside" - The Killers. The best song of the decade for the best person of the decade.
- Munchkin: "Beautiful Day" - U2. I love the opening to this, and it is kinda how I feel when she calls, so it matched.
- The Boy: "Ants Marching" - Dave Matthews. A) He loves Dave Matthews. B) Its about regular everyday living, which I like the idea of.
- Twin Sister: "I kissed a girl" - Katie Perry. Yea, I am that obvious.
- Papa Bear: "Satisfaction" - The Rolling Stones. The music fits him.
- The Body: "Hey Ya!" - OutKast. Lend me some sugar, I am your neighbor!
- The Mouth: "Dirty" - Christina Aguilera. Cause it ROCKS! Like her!
- BFFb: "Breathe" - Faith Hill. He hates that this is his ringtone, because it is super gay. But it was the first song I heard after the most important thing that ever happened with us, so it will always stay.
- BFFg: "Freshmen" - The Verve Pipe. Old song, reminds me of some old times.
- The Brain Surgeon: "Green Eyes" - Coldplay. This used to be Big Sis's, but he objected. That is what you get for objecting! It is now his!
- Boss Foxy: "Girlfriend" - Matthew Sweet. She picked this, and I like it. The opening guitar riff makes a great ring!
- J : "Ticks" - Brad Paisley. Love this song!
- J (2): "Since You Been Gone" - Kelly Clarkson. Oh yea, I have sung this as loud as I can in bars at 1:00am several times.
- J (3): "Toxic" - Britney Spears. Britney's best work, by a mile.
- A: "I want it that way" - The Backstreet Boys. Because no one would be more excited if they made a huge comeback.
- C: "Smack My Bitch Up" - Prodigy. And whenever she calls, I kinda want to start a bar fight. Weird...
- K: "Living on a Prayer" - Bon Jovi. Same rationale as J (2).
- M: "In da Club" - 50 Cent. Because I can also wrap in bars.
- S: "Hot in Heeere" - Nelly. Ditto.
- E: "Somebody told me" - The Killers. A tribute to a boyfriend of hers leaving her for another man. She finds it moderately humorous.
- T: "She loves me" - The Stallionaires. Oh yes, Real and Chance from VH1's myriad dating shows have a band...and they have songs...
This was fun! I am hereby suggesting that you all do it! Um...can I tag everyone?
Have a great weekend!