Saturday, January 03, 2009
Many many thanks:-) The award comes with a few rules: The honorees are to: A) first list 10 honest things about yourself - and make it interesting, even if you have to dig deep! B) pass the award on to 7 bloggers that you feel embody the spirit of the Honest Scrap.
This actually a task that could be incredibly easy, but will be quite difficult. There are, in fact, LOTS of interesting things about me that I have never mentioned here...unfortunately, they are not things I care to share. And outside of those, I don't know that I have anything really that juicy. But...I will give it a go!
10) I speak a very little bit of Spanish. Part of this comes from taking Spanish in school, but the bulk of it comes from a very, very close friend from Chicago (and a pretty regular figure around these parts) who's mother was Dominican and spoke a lot of Spanish.
9) Speaking of that...I had an abnormal number of mixed-race friends growing up, and very few white friends. In fact, if I mention a friend from home, chances are that he or she is black, Hispanic or some combination of black, white and Hispanic.
8) I suck at pictures. This is probably not a surprise to anyone who has requested some;-). But even outside of blog world, I generally forget my camera (or lose it like I did on New Year's Eve), or forget to take any pictures when I am out. Good thing I have friends that are better about it than I am!
7) I have picked out a name for my first-born. It is kind of a unisex name, has great meaning to me, and it is sort of a secret. Actually...this is something that is a secret to people in real life (except The Boy, he knows:-)) but not to blog friends. Yes, that is an invitation to ask:-P
6) I wear a lot of boy's jeans. I mean actual boy's jeans...from the boy's department. I have a terrible time finding women's jeans that fit me, so virtually all of my bang-around, casual jeans from the boys department at Old Navy.
5) I secretly love Barry Manilow. OK, maybe not "love", and it isn't much of a secret anymore, I guess. Cheesy can be good sometimes... (and bonus points to anyone who can figure out which Barry Manilow song I sing pretty once a week;-))
4) I have a horrible heroin addiction, and I am finding that the hideous track marks really diminish what I can charge when I prostitute myself to pay for it. Hee hee...just checking to see who really reads all 10 of these:-P.
3) I enjoy nothing more than waking up at 4:00 on a cold winter morning, looking at the alarm clock and realizing that I can roll over and go straight back to sleep. Truly one of life's great little pleasures. I have considered having two alarm clocks, and setting one at that time just so I can turn it off every night...but I feel like that would be cheating...:-)
2) Based on some things that have happened in the last week, I think I am a really good listener. For some reason, people like to talk to me, and they feel comfortable opening up to me. I like that, and I would like to try and encourage it even more...I know how wonderful it can be to just have someone that you can talk to sometimes, and how much better it can feel to say all of the things you are thinking. I am glad that I can be that person sometimes. There have been people that have done it for me, and I know how much it can mean.
1) I have a weight problem, and people's reaction to it frustrates me to no end. I have a terrible time keeping weight on, and have to carefully watch my diet to keep from getting too thin. Usually this leads to "Oh, you are so lucky, I wish I had that problem!" No, I am not, and No, you don't...it's a pain in the ass, its dangerous, and it has caused substantial health problems at different times. I have to watch my diet as much or more than people that carry too much weight, and it is insulting when people belittle the issue and dismiss it as somehow "fun".
Now it is my turn to bestow the award to 7 people, and to make them fill out their own list! I am going to hit up some people's whose blogs I read, but that I haven't heard much from lately...also, people I don't think I have ever tagged before, and that don't seem to get too many of these....
1) I will start with Jmhender at Getting Over You. She needs something fun and mindless these days.
2) Mo at Happier Cows. Of course, I went to her blog to get the link and she just did one of these kinda thins. Ahh well...so I already broke one of my rules:-P
3) Jamie at My Cynical POV...because Laurwilk has dramatically increased my love for Iowans, and I am spreading that love around..
4) Amy at A Day in the Life...this is what you get for posting kissy face pictures!!!
5) Megan at A Running Commentary, in hopes that maybe she will write more often! Seriously, more people should read her, she is one of the funniest bloggers I read.
6) Maria at Be Yourself, Everyone Else is Taken, although she is hereby absolved of the expectation that she respond promptly...since she, you know, just had a baby...
7) And finally, Scotty at Bueno Morning since, I dunno...I feel like I probably owe him one from way back maybe?