Thursday, April 23, 2009

L'invasion

What is with this work nonsense?!?!? Don't they know that I am quitting in four months, and would like to coast comfortably to the finish line? This labor stuff is total BS!!! Just pay me and let me look cute, already!

I actually think that I am going to be busy all day tomorrow, too, and since I didn't want to wait until Monday to blog, I better do it now. I was out of the office all morning with one of the VP's working on something that just came up, and is actually sort of interesting. It is going to keep me pretty busy for the next week at least, although probably in the office most of the time...hopefully it will not impede my blogging.

Question...why did none of you find it as incredibly adorable as I do that Munchkin went to work with The Boy today for "Bring Your Daughter to Work Day"? She has come with me the last couple of years, but they both thought it would be fun for her to go to his office this afternoon. She didn't take the whole day, though...she went to her classes this morning and then skipped soccer practice this afternoon to go over to his office. I am gonna meet them to go straight to chicken fingers afterwards:-)

But seriously...why does no one else find this nearly as endearing as I do?!?!?

Moving on...tomorrow is officially the beginning of "French Invasion 2009". Froggy and his father land at about 4:00, which gives them plenty of time to get to their hotel, get settled in and then meet us for dinner. Big Sis, Smoking Hot Roommate and Papa Bear have all expressed a desire to come to dinner, although I don't know how I feel about that...I want to get a chance to meet them, and it might be kind of overwhelming all at once (you think one set of parents is bad? Try four!) So, I may just limit it to me and The Boy and the rest of them can meet him later on.

I am going to do something with just the two of them on Saturday...not entirely sure what yet. The weather is supposed to be GORGEOUS, so it will likely be something outside. Maybe a duck tour? It is silly and cheesy, I know, but it is a really good way to see the city:-) And there will almost certainly be ice cream involved! She wants to take him over to hang out with a couple of friends in the afternoon, and then I think we will probably have dinner with his father again (maybe that will be a better time to have the whole crew together).

Munchkin has a party to go to Saturday night, and is oh-so-excited to bring him to show off to the rest of her friends. She may also be excited because that is likely to be as "alone" as she gets this weekend...lol. Not that I don't trust her or feel the need to supervise her, but it is a really compressed time frame, and I want to be able to meet him, as do a bunch of other people. That, unfortunately, means that she won't really get a ton of time that is just the two of them.

And no, that does not bother me one bit:-). I am completely comfortable with her managing her own relationships and setting her own boundaries...heck, I have seen her kiss boys before, and am aware that she already kissed this one. But that doesn't mean that I am not secretly glad that they won't have that much of a chance to be doing that this weekend:-D.

Anyway, that is about it for the weekend plans. They are leaving Sunday morning, and I imagine we will drive them to the airport so that they kids can have a tearful good-bye (unless they hate each other by then;-)). Then, just enjoy the fact that it will be almost 90 here on Sunday!!!

OK...have a great weekend, and wish me luck!

4 comments:

DSS said...

It WAS absolutely precious that The Boy took her to work. I smiled and had The Boy envy :) Seriously.

Have a wonderful weekend too! Can't wait to hear about how it all turns out!

Mid-Life Progress said...

Thanks for dropping by for a visit.

How sweet! I have an 18 year old and have been through many relationships. It's still sweet at this age believe it or not.

P.S. East Boston is the drive through between the airport and the rest of Boston : )

boohoo said...

I'm sure they'll fit in lots of time for kissing ;) That's what makes long-distance crushes so much fun: all that excitement compacted into one weekend/week. I'm sure you'll all have a great time. Although I have to agree it might be best not to overwhelm with everyone on his first night ;)

Have a great time!

Anonymous said...

I'm anxious to hear about how the weekend goes with your international guests! I've actually been reading your blog for a while now, but have never commented...but you have another 20-something NYC female to add to your large list of follwers :)

And yes, totally cute that Munchkin went with The Boy to work!