Thursday, June 25, 2009

Back to his old self

I got home from work last night to find The Boy in a wonderfully good mood (and no, I don't mean the kind where he can't keep his hands off of me and I end up bare-assed on the kitchen counter...although those are also very good moods:-)). He has had some things weighing on him for a while, and finally received very good news on the biggest of them yesterday. The weather may have still sucked (they are promising sun today), but he was clearly unburdened.

So we decided to go out for a little bit of a celebratory dinner, despite the shitty weather. And it was really nice...I am not sure I had really realized how stressed he was, but he just seemed so much more himself (not that he wasn't himself before, just maybe a little run down). He also has tomorrow off to play in a golf tournament, and hopefully the three-day weekend will help even more. Come to think of it, next week is a four day week and then we are going to be at the beach all the following week, so he should have plenty of vacation time to unwind.

I guess that is about it...not a whole lot to say today. I guess I can leave you with this philosophical questions: Is it cheating for us to have chicken fingers without Munchkin?

6 comments:

anne said...

Oooh good, on the good news front. And no. She chose to go to the beach - have all the chicken fingers you want!

Our Happy Married Life... said...

NO, go for it! I think she'd be delighted to know you carried on the tradition with our without her. Glad The Boy is feeling better about things. Cheers!

Rachel H. said...

You are TOO funny! I don't think it's cheating either...eat the chicken fingers! And I'm glad that The Boy is getting back to his old self! :)

Smoking Hot Roommate said...

Totally agree with all of the above. Let's remember that she abandonded us for the summer!!! We are under no obligation to mope around missing her!

I'm Not Carrie Bradshaw said...

Glad to hear you guys got good news and can now just have a fun and carefree wedding. Congrats!

laurwilk said...

YES!!! I think I know the good news and YAY YAY YAYYYY!

I'm pretty sure that you definitely did end up having chicken fingers so I will not tell you that I think it's cheating. :)