Monday, June 22, 2009

Rain, rain, rain

How ridiculous is this weather? It has been raining, on and off, for what seems like two months now. Saturday was actually a pretty nice day in the end...the sun peeked through for a lot of the afternoon...but then it rained all day yesterday, is raining again today and looks like it will keep doing so for much of this week. It has gotten to the point that I think it is wearing on people mentally. The constant gloom, rain and uncomfortable stickiness puts everyone in kind of a down mood after a while.

It was still a nice weekend, though. Friday night was a really neat, blood-red sunset...there was just enough sun and some lingering black rain clouds out over the ocean to make some really neat colors. There is very little in life that I enjoy more than my sunset cocktails in the summer:-) Saturday was OK...cloudy and some rain in the morning, but it cleared up a bit in the afternoon and it was plenty warm to sit out in the sun. Still grossly sticky and humid, but much more pleasant.

Sunday was awful, but since we were leaving kind or early anyway, it wasn't a huge deal that the weather sucked. We had to get back home for Father's Day dinner with The Boy's parents, so I guess maybe I was kinda glad that I didn't feel like I had to peel myself off of the beach early. Dinner was lovely:-)

So, let's see...I was out last week, so I was a terrible blogger. I should be better this week, though, since I think I will be in the office the whole time. I am also going to try and tone it down a bit this week, as well...I was a bit of a bad girl last week and paid for it for a couple of days afterwards! I need more sleep than that:-)

And I guess that is about it. Nothing terribly exciting;-)

No comments: