Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Invasion of Mama Bear's Family!

Sorry about not posting yesterday, I was really busy and never got around to it. I am sure you all cried intensely;-) There was some interesting commentary on Friday's post, and several guesses at the identity of the mystery man. For the purposes of the story, it is unimportant, and it is entirely possible that some little details were changed to throw you off the scent:-) One person guessed by comment, Aaron made a reference to Michael Vick, and three people guessed by email. At least three different names came up, and I am not saying anything about whether anyone was right or wrong:-P Except to say that Aaron is wrong...lol.

Anywho...

The weekend was really nice...the beach house was packed and there was loads of activity and lots of fun going on!

I have mentioned a few times previously that Smoking Hot Roommate and Big Sis' mother's family (I guess we can call her Mama Bear? I have struggled to give her a name, I guess because I never knew her) takes over the beach house for about a week and a half every summer. That started last week, so this weekend was really the peak time...just about everyone was there. So many that the kids sleep mostly in tents on the lawn:-)

Friday afternoon I skipped out of work about an hour early to go to the grocery store and the liquor store and load up on provisions. If I can digress for a moment, I really like doing that...it makes me feel included. I know it sounds stupid, but when Papa Bear gives me a list and says "Can you go to the store and pick this stuff up and bring it to the beach?" it makes me feel like part of the family. I know, it's dumb, but whatever.

Munchkin thought that the nice boy who loaded the 15 cases of beer and three boxes of random booze into my car was hitting on me. She also found him to be quite charming. I think he was like 19 and was turned on by the thought or a girl with a car full of booze... Or he wanted a big tip. Could have been any of the above...:-)

Sat on the beach all day Saturday, ate and drank too much. Went for a walk with Munchkin and the dog on Sunday morning, which has become something of a weekly tradition and which I like a lot:-) Then sat on the beach some more, packed up and got home a little on the late side. Munchkin was a little torn on whether she wanted to stay down there for the week or not, but decided to come back with me. I think she is maybe a little beached out...she has spent a LOT of time there this summer.

OK...scavenger hunt time:-) I am willing to give out small personal details if you are willing to work for it...lol. Today's challenge, if you are in Boston, go to the Quiznos in Government Center. They have a "Name of the day" contest everyday, where they put one name on a sign out front and if it is your first name, you get a free small sub. Well, I am going to go and meet Munchkin today so that she can claim her free sub...(she is at her school all week doing some theater stuff, so I can go grab her).

So there is your challenge...get to Government Center (or ask someone you know who works there;-)) and you can learn Munchkin's first name... If your timing is right, you could even catch a glimpse of yours truly;-) Also, it is important to note that it may appear to be a nickname, but it is in fact her full name and she is very possessive about it! Don't try and call her by the assumed long name or you risk a scolding!!!

And...um...that is about it. Boring Tuesday, I guess:-)

3 comments:

Scotty said...

Thats a long flight for me :)

Aaron said...

Why you gotta single me out like that?

Fifteen cases of beer? Whatever. You're exaggerating per the usual. :P

Accidentally Me said...

Scotty - I didn't see anyone creepily scanning the crowd, so I assume no one took me up on my offer.

Aaron - It is a sign of affection;-) And fifteen cases isn't that much...there are like 25 adults total, and most of them are there for a week...