Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Bored

I don't want to complain, because life could be a whole lot worse, but I am getting really bored. The thought of another six weeks or so of laying down all the time except for class is kinda depressing. I know it is all for the babies' (and my own) health, and that this will all be a really small inconvenience in the grand scheme of things, but it is getting really frustrating.

I would like to be able to go out to dinner, or go shopping for myself or run my own errands or clean my own house (lie...totally fine with not doing that). Or I would like to do those things regularly and not feel like I am committing a crime against the pregnancy police if I stand up for an extra 10 minutes every day. And I would like The Boy to not feel like he is abandoning me if he goes out for a bit on a weekend night.

Heck, in a month or so, we won't be able to do any of that stuff in peace anyway! Seems unfair to not be able to do it now. At this point, I am just bored with sitting around waiting for something good to happen.

Here's the thing...I have loved being pregnant. I think I look super cute, I have no bloating or swelling or weird skin coloration issues (save for the regular dark line down my tummy). No really unusual aches and pains at all and I am sleeping great. I was sick and tired early on, but have felt really good for a long time now. Blood pressure is great, all of my other tests are great, weight gain is perfectly normal and manageable. All of the weight is in my belly, save for the little bit in my boobs:-).

And you know what? I want to be out looking all cute and adorable and pregnant and healthy! I am frustrated that I feel so good and yet I have to lay around like an invalid all the time.

Alright, I need to stop complaining, but I felt the need to vent. Given all of the complications that some people have during pregnancy, and the difficulties that others have in even getting pregnant, I have very, very little to bitch about. But whatever, it's my blog!

I will be back tomorrow with some more practical, less annoying stuff...namely, summer plans:-) Until then...

4 comments:

Lisa said...

understandable complaints! Here's a thought, why don't you let your girls help you with assembling a list of all the great things you can do while lying around? Those you're usually too busy for?
1) read all the books you like
2) learn how to crotched :)
3) blog like there's no tomorrow
4) read other blogs like there's no tomorrow :D

hope the last few weeks continue to go that great!

Accidentally Me said...

Lisa - The weird thing is that I have no time for that stuff! I have tons and tons to do, and I am super busy...I am just bored at laying around all the time. I know it sounds weird, but I am both bored and overly-busy at the same time...

Our Happy Married Life... said...

you poor thing! complain all you want. I know I would be. I can't sit still while I'm sick let alone for months while I'm pregnant. It'll all be over before you know it! :)

Lisa said...

that really is weird- and even worse! My, I guess only knowing that it won't last forever helps in that situation