Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Emptying out my mind

First things first, thanks to Nilsa for tagging me, and I will get to it at some point. But not today...although I really don't have a good excuse other than laziness... Well, since I can't use Diet Coke or Cape Cod, since she did, I will have to come up with some new ones...

I am very proud of myself for being a non-Facebooker. It makes me feel kinda stalky, and if I ever really started, I would NEVER stop. I am vaguely aware of what I am missing, and I am OK with it.

"I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas"? Best Song Ever! How have I never heard this before?

Elvis Presley's "Here Comes Santa Claus"? Maybe the worst...although he redeemed himself on "Blue Christmas".

Crab Rangoon is possibly the best Chinese Food. Why has no one ever noticed that it is named after a city that is not in, nor has ever been in, China? It would be like if French restaurants all sold this great appetizer called Moscow Shrimp.

Yay Illinois! And here I thought I had moved to the corrupt state. This may prove that I am actually the one spreading political corruption all over America...hmm...

Speaking of IL, I will be there in a week and a half for some familial Christmas visiting. Tinkerbelle is coming to see me for a couple days after Christmas, too:-)

The Boy gave me the best back rub ever last night:-) And I don't mean that in any kind of sexual way! I mean just a totally awesome, long back rub! He's nice, I like him:-)

It is 60 degrees outside, and very humid. Two days ago it was 12. Tomorrow we are getting a nasty ice storm. If that makes sense to anyone, please explain.

Christmas concert at school this evening. Fun, fun! Munchkin can show off her flute skills:-)

Some people are trying to re-sell me on Gossip Girl. Sorry, not buying it...the show is AWFUL. I am off the bandwagon for good, and there is no going back.

I am thinking maybe I will stop dyeing my hair for the new year. Can "be blond again" be a New Year's Resolution?

I wish this stupid cough could go away...argh!!!

Um....that's all folks:-)

10 comments:

boohoo said...

I'm a closet blonde as well! I dye mine dark brown cos I just do not like being a blonde.

I'm a non-facebook-er too! I thought I was the only one! Yay for us. We should start a club or something ;)

laurwilk said...

Yes, yes! You must go back to blonde!!!

I played flute, too. Go, Munchkin, go!

Anonymous said...

Having recently moved from IL to CA, it's interesting to see the nation taking note of all the political "stuff" going on in the Land of Lincoln the last few weeks/months.

I too don't do the Facebook.

The Kishtons said...

I have to commend you with your 'Say No to Facebook' attitude. Unfortunately, I caved and I am addicted. I can't help it. I am also with you on the cough thing...mine has been with me for about 3 weeks and I am pretty sure I am over it. (My husband is, that I know for sure!)

Anonymous said...

"It is 60 degrees outside, and very humid. Two days ago it was 12. Tomorrow we are getting a nasty ice storm. If that makes sense to anyone, please explain."

Same shit here in CT. But I cannot explain. And I cannot like it because I have a dog to walk, and rain is my least favorite condition to walk him in. Scratch that. Ice is. I'm not a happy camper.

Cough? GO AWAY! Come back... never. There. It should be gone now. Is it? (If so, I'm magical and will make tons o' money with that!)

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

You're welcome! And I held out on Facebook for a while. I just signed up a few months ago and, to be honest, it's been awesome reconnecting with old friends. One friend, I met when I was 4 and probably haven't talked to her in 20 years - she just wrote a children's book that I bought 3 of as gifts for others - how the heck would I have been able to do that without FB? Seriously! And, ummm, as far as your hair goes, be as close to natural as possible for your wedding day. That's the only advice I'll give.

Anonymous said...

It makes sense to me. Iowa is much like that. it's ridiculous.

I hope you feel better.

Woolly said...

that Hippopotamus song is great... We play it every year and I swear it never gets old...
alot of people have never even heard it before and I love playing it for them and watching as they hear it for the first time!

Rachel H. said...

It is so crazy how the weather changes so quickly. It was so cold here too the other day then suddenly it was warm again. Even though it is rainy! Yuck!

H said...

I LOOOOOOOVE crab rangoons!!! Yum