Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Me being kinda touchy

So, I think I am probably being petty, but I am gonna tell you a story anyway. Someone said something to me yesterday that is really bothering me. I should note that I am 100% sure that, when they said it, there was nothing malicious intended. And, at the time I didn't even think about it that way. But now, well, I feel like it was very unintentionally judgemental, and it kinda bothers me. As much as I would like to tell the person that it came across that way, I'm not gonna say anything about it because I am probably overreacting. At a minimum, I shouldn't care...I will make my own judgements on myself.

Anyway, on to less cryptic topics. Actually, I don't have any other topics today, other than my horrible negligence in Christmas shopping. I am WAAY behind, and I don't know when I am going to catch up. I may have to take a day off from work to do some weekday shopping to get it all done. I can't bear the thought of spending this whole weekend in stores. Also, I have no idea what to get anyone. At all. Still open to ideas...

Munchkin wants and needs surprisingly little. That doesn't make her any easier to shop for, though...because I want to get her meaningful things. I know that her two pretend sisters will spoil her rotten like they always do, because they enjoy it and she is totally worth it:-). So, I want to make sure that I have something special for her just to remind her how much I love having her around:-) She's cool.

I guess that is sort of all that I have for you today. Oh wait...did anyone happen to catch a show on National Geographic last night about Whitey Bulger and the Irish Mob? A lot of that was all new to me, and it is all super interesting Boston stuff. And, does it say anything about me that I flipped between that and A Charlie Brown Christmas?

8 comments:

boohoo said...

Your story is a bit cryptic... I hate it when I feel judged, though, so I can totally understand you feeling a bit upset by it. I hope you manage to get to the bottom of it.

I'm going to have to brag and say I did my Christmas shopping in October cos I HATE the hordes in the shops at Christmas time. Whatever else I needed I did online. The Christmas cards are a different matter entirely, though...

Katie said...

You do sound cryptic. And I'm nosy so I naturally want to know what was said (but I do understand that you probably have your reasons for not giving details).

I don't know you personally, but from reading your blog it sounds like you are very level-headed. Therefore, I would venture to say that you are not being petty with your feelings. If you know the intent wasn't malicious though, it probably isn't worth confronting the person. I know I've said things to rub people the wrong way before and meant no harm by it.

Anonymous said...

What about Gossip Girl? I know you said that you were giving up on it, but last night's show was pretty amazing...All I have to say is poor BLAIR (and well, Chuck, too)!

Anonymous said...

Oh and...Not to rub it in, but I finished all my Christmas shopping and it's all wrapped...Mostly, cause I'm a VIRGO = ANAL...Also, cause I think this kid is coming out anyday.

Happy SHOPPING!

Rachel H. said...

I'm with you..I have a LONG way to go on shopping for Christmas gifts!! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm with Maria...Gossip Girl is EXCELLENT right now! And Charlie Brown Christmas is one of my favorite all time Christmas movies. I never tire of it. :)

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

Check out my blog today for some bloggy love!

H said...

Yeah, it's kinda hard to resist Charlie Brown