Monday, December 01, 2008

Post Holiday Grumpiness

Ok...I am in a really foul mood today. Maybe it is the weather, or maybe it is coming back to work after a four day weekend, or maybe it is just basic Mondayness. But I definitely woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. And the dark, rainy morning isn't helping at all.

This doesn't really make sense, since I had a completely wonderful weekend. There was lots of turkey and stuffing and pie and cookies and booze and family and football and friends and maybe a Rock Band tournament thrown in as well. So, the weekend was a 10 out of 10...but man am I ever sour today. Maybe it will shake off as the day goes along...someone should give me presents to solve all of this!!!

Let's see...I sort of apologize for taking five days off from blogging. There were a couple of times over the weekend that I was going to sit down and write, but then I always got distracted by something or another. Which I guess is a sign of a good weekend:-). There was going out with Smoking Hot Roommate's High School friends on Wednesday, and then Thanksgiving on Thursday, and then a party for the school kids and parents with Munchkin on Friday and then some errands on Saturday and a party with The Boy and his friends on Saturday night (where the Rock Bank tournament broke out) and then a very lazy Sunday that included a whole lot of time in bed:-)

Maybe that is why I am so grumpy today...because work is so much less fun than stealing The Boy home for the afternoon and locking ourselves in the bedroom.

Time to start thinking about Christmas:-) I think we will get a tree next weekend, and will decorate the house, too. And, of course, I haven't spent five minutes thinking about presents for anyone...so I am way behind the 8 ball on that. Who has some suggestions? Preferably things that an impossibly perfect 13 year old girl would want, since that will be the bulk of my shopping...

Well, time to get to work, I guess. And time to stop being such a miserable, grumpy bitch! Seriously, I don't know anyone who has less to be grumpy about than me!!!

8 comments:

megabrooke said...

i had to work friday, but i know what you mean about the post holiday let down, and the general mondayness to it all. blah.

here's hoping the week (and the weather!) looks up. xx

Ally said...

Argh, this day is not fun. I want a weekend that lasts forever since 4 days is clearly not enough.

Glad you had a good holiday!

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

I was surprisingly OK with coming to work this morning. Maybe it's because I have a lot of stuff hanging over my head ... and I hate that feeling of stuff that needs to get done!

Your weekend sounds dreamy. Dare I ask what the Munchkin does while you're holed up in your room?

Gifts gifts gifts? Gah! I'm bad with ideas, since I'm doing a lot of DIY gifts this year. Trying to get crafty. We'll see how that works out. It might just blow up in my face.

Accidentally Me said...

Brookem - The sun already came out, so we are winning the weathr battle!

Ally - It's not enough when you have that much MAKING OUT to do!!!

Nilsa - I see that I haven't explained to you why I love fantasy football so much...?

Rachel H. said...

I can totally relate! I'm feeling grumpy today too though I should be in a fantastic mood!

laurwilk said...

Ha, I think you should edit this post. The grumps are gone! :)

I need Christmas gift ideas too!

jamie said...

Amen sister. This Monday has been sucking the life right out of me....

xo

Lori S-C said...

Another Monday hater here...
I think the 13 year old might like her own sweet looking luggage for her trips to Chicago, cosmetic items and the cute bags to put them in, an IPod touch... manicure and pedicure, some movie tickets and music...
perhaps some tickets to her favorite sporting event too...