Monday, October 23, 2006

Work shmork!

My first ever post from work, which seems like as good a time as any to talk about the job. First things first, though…I really, really, really love fantasy football…hee hee!!! I ended up taking a little longer than normal Sunday afternoon trip through orgasmville, which is totally fine by me. One other advantage…my more “sensitive regions” need a couple of days to recover from that sort of activity, which makes me feel not-as-bad about going a couple of days without getting laid.

Anyway, I seem to have gotten off to a bit of a dirty start to the week. I guess now you can all at least know where my mind is constantly:-D

I also totally forgot to mention that we are moving. Smoking Hot Roommate bought a new condo…much bigger than our current one (about 3,000 square feet versus 1,600). It’s kind of right around the corner, so the commute to work and to Munchkin’s school isn’t any longer. By the way, this is my favorite part of living in the city: walking. I have a car, but I rarely drive anywhere. Work and school are both within ¼ mile or so of home, and there are tons of restaurants and bars and stuff within walking distance. Even if they aren’t, you can get anywhere in a cab for like 12 bucks.

She closed on Friday, and she has some painters coming in this week to, well, paint. They should be done in a couple days and then we are moving next weekend. Moving is a complete pain in the ass, especially with kids involved. I don’t mind dragging it out and living out of boxes for a bit while I unpack, but that really isn’t a realistic option with the little one, which makes for a lot of packing and unpacking.

I got a lot of packing done last night and the night before, so I think I am in ok shape on that. It is also a good time to throw out stuff that I don’t need or bring things to Goodwill that don’t fit or that I don’t wear anymore. We have only been in this condo for a year and a half, so we don’t have a TON of junk, but stuff still accumulates fast.

I fully intended to tell you about my job this morning, but I got sidetracked and didn’t get to it. And now I have to get back to work, so I guess you will just have to wait until later. It’s not that exciting, either, it’s just work…certainly not nearly as exciting as fantasy football is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I said I would leave a comment, so here it is. Well here is the first one at least. Also I said I was going to start from the beginning and I am.
I must say that I like how you get distracted. ohh and also that you curse, thats good too. loving it, but i gotta get back to reading. I am at work too and I am in need of something to do....