Friday, September 28, 2007

Chaperon...such a funny word

Sorry to be late in the day today, but I have been super busy all morning. I hate when work gets in the way of me enjoying my time in the office and view of the harbor...:-)

Yesterday's post is already one of my favorites:-) It works on a number of levels, whether you actually know what is going on or not (well, ok...everyone knows what is going on, but there is more to it than the obvious.) In addition, the person who requested that I write that was most pleased with the result, and reacted in a way even better than I had hoped:-D [Read: The Boy requested the story, which he apparently liked...so much so that the phrase "All I have wanted to do all day is get you into a really hot shower" greeted me in a really private whisper during dinner.]

Last night was chicken finger night, as usual, which is always a treat. One of Munchkin's friends came with us (there may be a new boyfriend in the works...stay tuned), along with Smoking Hot Roommate, The Rocket Scientist and The Boy. SHR took the kids home so that The Boy and I could sneak off to his place for a bit. And that turned out really well (see previous paragraph;-)).

I had thought that I was in a bit of a time crunch; The Office was on, after all. But it was on at 9:00, not 8:00, so I actually had a whole extra hour before I needed to get home for previously scheduled TV watching time. The Boy had a super early conference call, so he bailed on coming over and went to bed.

And now the weekend is almost upon us! The Boy is out with some friends tonight, and SHR and the RS have a date. That leaves me to chaperon Munchkin's school dance:-) Because I am such a responsible adult who should be charged with the care of many children...lol. I think two of her friends are sleeping over, which will mean lots of giggling and not much sleeping.

Soccer in the morning, which means I have to roust all three sleeping beauties, get one ready for her father to get her, walk one home, and get the other one to her game. After stopping at Dunkin Donuts. Fortunately, the game is not until 9:00, so we don't have to get up that early. My guess is the little one will need a nap after that, since I doubt she will sleep much.

I am not sure about tomorrow night yet. We are all (Big Sis, SHR, me and all assorted males) supposed to go to a party, but I don't have anything to do with Munchkin at the moment. I could always bring her...that is an option. Likely she will have something to do with her friends, so as long as I can work that into our plan, we will go there.

And then Sunday...well that is gonna be the return of Fantasy Football...and we all know how I feel about that!!! Just thinking about it makes me all tingly...

I guess that's it...back to work...

2 comments:

notbubbly said...

have a good weekend!

after your post yesterday, I think the weekend/fantasy football will continue to be pretty hot!

Anonymous said...

That's so cool that The Boy requested that! How steamy!

With that in mind I wonder what kind of chaperone you'll be, the ruler toteing destroyer of young love or the one slipping booze into the punch bowl. Which totally still happens because where I live it's apparently the 1950s.