Tuesday, September 11, 2007

A Day-Late Weekend Recap

Yesterday's exercise was fun, and I have passed it along to Claire, who can do it and pass it along to someone else. I feel like it is important to appreciate people who list Vodka and Elephants among their favorite things...

Anyway, I skipped the weekend, and owe you some catchup. Saturday morning was really fun...I love fall soccer games. We got up pretty early for a Saturday, hit Dunkin' Donuts per usual and wandered over to the game. It is weird to see some people that I only see at those games, and therefore haven't seen since last year. Now I will see them every Saturday for a couple of months and feel like I am very much in touch with them...and then they will disappear for another year.

After the game we went out for breakfast with Smoking Hot Roommate to celebrate the big victory (apparently they won the game, I didn't quite pay that much attention...). Saturday afternoon was really, really hot, so it was a very convenient day to have a pool party:-) It was sort of a back-to-school barbecue thing at the house of one of Munchkin's friends. I brought my bathing suit and played in the pool with the kids because it was so freaking hot. And then I was informed by one of the school Mom's that all the 12 and 13 year old boys think I am really hot;-) Must be the tattoos...the preppy private school kids dig the whole bad girl vibe:-)

Anyway, that was actually pretty fun. As I have mentioned before, the whole school community has been really warm and welcoming to Munchkin, and also to me, and it is always nice to see them. Obviously, I don't see them nearly as much during the summer (and in fact only see the ones that are parents of Munchkin's closest couple of friends, really.) After we went home and showered and changed, I took Munchkin over to another friend's house where she stayed for the night.

And then me, SHR and three of our friend went out and tore some shit up! I got way too drunk, but I had tons of fun...we drank a lot, danced and teased a lot of boys:-) One of my favorite past times! We didn't meet anyone that any of the girls thought of as dateable, so the night was not terribly eventful. I did, however, get a message from Munchkin that made me cry:-) She called at maybe 10:30 or so, at which point I was wasted and didn't want to answer the phone (see, this fiasco).

So she left a message and it said "I just wanted to check and see how you are doing. I know you are with Smoking Hot Roommate so I think you are probably having fun. But since you felt so bad all week, I just wanted to make sure you are having fun. You can call if you want, I love you. See you tomorrow." And the girls got real concerned and were wondering why I was literally bawling in the bar. Then they listened and it made them cry, too...lol.

So that was about it...I managed to avoid a hangover by drinking lots of water and taking some aspirin before bed. Sunday was a really raw, fallish day, and I got real sad having to put a sweater on in the morning:-( Then we basically bummed around all day...did a little shopping, watched some football, had dinner at Big Sis' house. Kind of a nice weekend:-)

I will leave my Friday lunch with Boss Foxy until tomorrow, since this is too long already...so, you have that to look forward to:-)

2 comments:

anne said...

No boys? What kind of night was that? Just kidding - glad you had a nice time.

Accidentally Me said...

e.b. - Oh, there were boys all around, but they were really kinda skeevy. And I was traveling with an entourage of ridiculously hot girls, so we saw a lot of "Game", none of which any of them were buying...