Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Loss

I feel like shit today. I'm in a foul mood, and I barely slept again last night, so I am exhausted. I must look like shit, too, because two people have asked me if I am feeling OK. I made Munchkin sleep with me in hopes it would help me to sleep, but it didn't. And she was up because she was excited for the first day of school, so neither of us helped the other sleep at all.

The problem is that I lost something. Or rather, I 'misplaced' it, and may have really lost it, I don't know yet. I suppose I could tell you what it is, but I don't want to, and for the moment I would rather be intentionally vague and purposely mysterious. It's more fun that way. I also thought about writing one of those password-protected secret posts, but I don't feel like figuring out how, and I am not sure what I would write anyway.

It is something that means a great deal to me and which I will be miserable without. It carries no monetary value, or technically even any sentimental value, but it is an important part of me...a part that I don't want to lose. I kinda know where it is, but I don't know what I have to do to find it. I know what I could do, but I don't know if I can do that, or if I want to, of if I would be happy if I did.

I have to point out my own stupidity in losing it. I wasn't paying enough attention to it, and I guess I just lost track. Usually, I am very good about keeping track of the things that matter to me, but I guess I fucked up on this one. So it is my fault and that makes it all that much worse. Losing it is horrible, and thinking about not being able to find it is virtually unbearable.

I don't know when I will have a chance to look for it. I hope it's soon.And I don't know really what I plan on doing to find it anyway. I hope I think of something.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a cryptic post if ever there was one..........

anne said...

I like that I can guess and think it is a dozen different things.

If it is tangible I think there are some hokey ways of finding lost goods - google them.

Ally said...

Um did you lose your virginity?

Anyway, I'm sorry you lost something important and that you're feeling bummed. Keep us posted Ms. Mysterious.

Accidentally Me said...

Nicole - Yea, that was sort of my intention:-/

E.B. - Google...interesting...

Ally - That is one of the funniest comments I have ever gotten! That really made me laugh, thanks:-)

Anonymous said...

I really feel awful about all of this. It makes me almost sick to my stomach:-(

I'll be home tonight, though, and I will take care of you, promise!

Anonymous said...

Aww, Ally beat me to it. My guess was the v-card!

Good luck with the search.

Scotty said...

Each time I read your post, I got more confused :)

Anonymous said...

It must be pretty bad if Smokin' Hot Roomate is almost sick to her stomach...**HUGS** I hope you get it back, whatever it may be.

Anonymous said...

wtf?! you can't write something like this. no fair. now i wanna know what you lost. dang it.

Airam said...

As mysterious as this post is, I can totally relate to it.

Douglas said...

If I'd made ally's comment...i'd have gotten blasted for being insensitive.

you revel in being mysterious.

Aaron said...

NO monetary value.
NO sentimental value.
You can find it, but don't want to go through the effort?

So... it's worthless and you blogged about it? I'm confused. (That didn't take much.)

Accidentally Me said...

SHR - You rock:-)

Claire - Great minds!

Scotty, Kate, Airam - I didn't really intend to tease anyone, I just would rather not go into it any more than that.

Nicole - Thanks for the hug:-)

Billy - Since you didn't think of it, I guess we will never know.

Aaron - You know, it is kinda funny when you put it that way...

Ys - I didn't post your comment...a little too close to the truth:-(

Douglas said...

it was my very first thought...but i didn't post if for fear of the wrath of your anonymous posse