Tuesday, September 25, 2007

More TV

Looks like Munchkin will remain Munchkin for the time being. There doesn't seem to be much sentiment to change it, and I don't really want to anyway. She had a soccer game last night (well, 4:00) so I took the liberty of leaving work early to go and watch:-) I brought a beach chair, a book (The Last Templar... sort of OK-ish) and an iced coffee, so I was pretty much in heaven! It was a beautiful afternoon, and she scored two goals, so she was super happy.

I find myself wanting to cook a lot lately. I think maybe it is because I go hooked on Top Chef two weeks ago, but it could also just be that the cooling weather makes me want to eat more, and not so opposed to turning on the oven. I made a really tasty pasta thing last night...found the recipe at FoodNetwork.com. Shrimp in a tomato/garlic/basil/Worcestershire sauce over whole wheat linguine. It was really yummy! And I always feel like a much better parent when I really cook dinner like that...lol.

Also the season premier of Heroes and that new show starring the guy who played Lucius Vorenus on Rome. Heroes was pretty good, and I will likely watch the whole season. I hear that Katie Bell is on this season, which gets me totally fired up. I loved Veronica Mars, and I love her. She could totally play me in the movie about my life:-) (She would be the movie-star version of the blond me:-))

That new show (Journeyman) was OK, although I don't know that I am sold yet. I really like the lead actor, but his wife annoys me. And I think the show will require the suspension of a lot of belief and the suppression of a lot of "Wait, that can't happen if he already did something else" questions. Plus, Quantum Leap is still on in re-runs on some stations...lol.

The Boy and I have a date tonight:-) We don't have many weeknight "nights out" but he has something planned...I am all atwitter with anticipation:-) I will let you know tomorrow! Unless it is REALLY good, and then I may keep it to myself:-P

6 comments:

boohoo said...

Aww I love going on dates with my boy. It's always nice to be spoilt and do the Couple Thing, isn't it? I hope you have a great time :)

As for the TV shows you mentioned... I haven't seen any! I think I need to watch TV more.

Scotty said...

Quantum Leap?! I LOVE that show!

I am looking forward to Heroes also

Clearlykels said...

My dad used to watch Quantun Leap. I thought it was geat. I thought about watching Journeyman but then I went to sleep instead. I'm exciting like that!

Lpeg said...

The Last Templar... how is that? It sounded interesting.

I haven't finished the pilot of Journeyman, but it wasn't too bad... and Heroes.. I was watching with a friend who had never seen it before, and was really aware of how lost she was without having any background info!

Accidentally Me said...

Peasant Girl - It is very directly lifted from the Da Vinci Code, and is not as good. It is entertaining and moves really fast, but it is not going to win any Pulitzers

Anonymous said...

Have a fun date-night....Munchkin sounds good to me :)