Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Date Night

I sort of forgot how long it has been since the two of us just went out on a plain old, unencumbered "date". What a treat! Between weekends away all summer, and busy schedules, and various other things (like...ahem...the two weeks where we didn't speak:-)) we haven't had a night where just the two of us went out without any other plans to meet someone or go somewhere with someone.

We didn't really do anything special, but I guess that is what makes it special:-) We walked over to the North End for dinner, and took a really long time to eat. We also might have polished off two bottles of wine, which is not making me terribly productive today, but so be it. Then we stopped for dessert (seriously, do I ever skip dessert? How can I not keep weight on when I eat all the fatty, sugary foods I can get my hands on? Tapeworm? Maybe...) and just kind of strolled around for a while.

It felt good to not be going anywhere; to just hold his hand and enjoy another gorgeous, warm late summer night. The weather is so beautiful for this time of year, it almost feels like stealing. We walked from the North End, through Fanueil Hall to Boston Common and into the Back Bay

(This handy dandy map shows all of the places...we started near the "1A" in the upper right, walked through Fanueil Hall, around the south side of the Common, and then he lives right near the northwest corner of the Public Gardens...near the "2" on the corner. Actually, my entire life is on this map. We currently live a little bit northwest or the red star, and Munchkin and I are moving a little closer to it at year end. Her school is a little bit south of the star, and I work east of the star near Route 93. Big Sis lives near us, and Papa Bear lives near where we work. So there you go...my whole life, in one easy to use map:-))

When we got back to his place, we hung out on the deck for a little bit, talking about nothing and everything. The night was beautiful, the food was outstanding, the sex was great and the company, as always, was top-notch. I felt like it was all too nice to end, so it didn't. Extra special thanks to Smoking Hot Roommate for watching Munchkin and giving me permission to stay over...lol. Thanks, Mom:-)

And so herein lies today's promise...to make time for more date nights:-) Write it down...it is now on the books!

7 comments:

Scotty said...

Date Night sounds like a good time. Now... to find a date :)

I liked the map idea, very nice

anne said...

Booyay! That is so perfect, I am glad you guys had that kind of night. In general they are so important.

boohoo said...

Aww I'm jealous. I'm going to have to suggest a date night to Ray. What with everything that's been going on round here we haven't been out like that in about a month!

I'm glad you had a great time. And sleep-overs are always fun. I love waking up with my boy beside me :)

Douglas said...

Did EB just quote Stuart Scott? ?

I bet the stalkers will love that map.

Still just me said...

It's also important to have at least one date night a month when you are married, and when children are involved. I am glad you got to have one, and I hope you enjoy all others to come.

Aaron said...

I'd go stir crazy if I were confined to such a small area of real estate.

anne said...

perhaps i live with someone who watches too much espn????