Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Chinese Food: Nature's Medicine

I just realized that this is my 300th post. That seems like an awful lot. I can't imagine how many smileys I have typed in that time, or how many times I have started a paragraph with "So, " or typed "..." (all things I am aware that I do much too often.) I am proud of myself for writing basically everyday...I wasn't sure when I started how long I would want to stick with it. But, it turns out to be really fun:-) I will get more retrospective next month on my one-year date, I am sure.

I wish I had something really exciting for such a monumental post, but I don't...sorry:-) Actually, I wrote two posts that are still in Blogger but never published, so really the 300th was two days ago, and that was kind of a biggie...so maybe I will mentally count that one.

On to the day's business. I met up with the girls for a couple of drinks last night. Munchkin was somewhat affronted that she wasn't invited...lol. I think sometimes she forgets that she is not 25... But we had some girl-talking to do that is a little bit over her head. Also, I sort of forgot how little I had seen of these people all summer, so it was good to see them all together. It's weird how different my life gets from Memorial Day through Labor Day...

The Boy is sick:-( I think the changing weather and an overly-stressful work environment of late have worn him down and he has come down with something. At least work was stressful because good things were happening, which probably helps. He was a sneezing, achy, coughing mess last night (but still adorable!) I tried to convince him to stay home today, but he went to work anyway...hopefully we can get him to rest up soon. I did stop over to see him and to bring him Chinese food for dinner, which has amazing healing powers for him sometimes...:-)

His sister did not make it out, so I owe her a visit, too. Munchkin has a soccer game this evening, and since the weather is nice, maybe she would like to get some sandwiches and sit out and watch the game with me:-) (That should be taken as a warning that I am going to call you in like an hour, Twin Sister!) It is getting down to crunch time, and I think she is pretty ready to be done with this whole pregnancy thing already! Very soon!

Everyone remember to congratulate Brandy on her new job:-)

5 comments:

Accidentally Me said...

Note: I miscounted...this is not #300...it is #298. False alarm!!!

anne said...

I'm sick too and would LOOOOOVE chinese food.

Anonymous said...

I feel like shit today, too. I guess I should stop making out with The Boy, huh?

I think Chinese food sounds really fucking awesome right now, and I am strongly suggesting that we have some for dinner. I'll buy if you guys pick it up after soccer. Deal?

Anonymous said...

Hey! I'm sick and I just had Chinese food tonight! Whooo the world is a mysterious place. Anyway, congrats on post #298. I expect big things from post #300- do not disappoint! Just kidding. Oh, and thank you for the job shout out. I can't explain how cheery it makes me when I get to the end of a post and see someone has linked to me because of some good news. That was sweet lady!

boohoo said...

Getting my boy to take a day off work when he's sick is all but impossible. Only when he got bad tonsillitis did he agree and that was only cos I threatend him with physical injuries if he didn't listen to me ;)