Saturday, September 15, 2007

Weekend Post!

This is my first weekend post in a really, really long time...aren't you all excited? You should be!!! I am like 12% smarter, 14% more interesting, 9% funnier and nearly 20% sexier on weekends. Those are scientific measurements;-)

Had a fun night last night with my two oldest friends. I have finally sort of gotten used to not seeing them all the time (only took me six years...lol), but I still wish they lived closer. It is always great to see them, and I always feel great when they are around. We didn't do a whole lot last night...headed over near Fenway to watch the Red Sox game in a bar. We were gonna meet some people that went to the game afterwards, but the fucking game took forever and I had to go and get Munchkin. After that we just hung out at our place and shot the shit all night...which is always a good time!

Speaking of Munchkin (I know...I have a story about her, can you beleive it?:-P)... I have another note about her ridiculously advanced "social maturity", and by that I mean she thinks about interpersonal relationships like someone MUCH older. This starts with three of her friends having a triple date with three boys from school to go bowling last night. So, she was talking to a boy that is a good friend of hers at school and decided that they should go, too. Because they are all friends and they thought it would be fun. Not on a date, just because they are buddies and wanted to go.

The problem is that this boy has a girlfriend at another school (they are 12...I don't really know what "girlfriend" means...) Kids at that age overblow everything, so him going out in a group of 8 on anything that could be close to a date would likely count as "cheating" in the sixth grade rulebook. So she wanted to call and talk to the girlfriend before they went. She just wanted to tell her "nothing to worry about, just wanna go bowling with our friends." She says she has met the girl, likes her, will probably see her in the future and doesn't see any need for things to be weird, and just wanted to nip it in the bud. Throwing out how much kids that age take everything way too seriously, I am amazed at her ability to look at the situation, see who might take what the wrong way, and deal with it before it happens. And to do so in a really reasoned and mature way. I dunno...I am just rambling again, I guess:-)

Soccer got rained out this morning, which was a bummer...Munchkin was really excited about BFFg seeing one of her games (she taught her to play soccer way back when:-)) I think we are just gonna wander around a bit...do some shopping, grab lunch and see what happens. Smoking Hot Roommate and Big Sis are around all day, so I think we will have a good time. Not real sure what the plan for tonight is...I think we may go out, but if we do I have to figure out something to do with Munchkin. Or we could go out early and come home early and she could come with...not sure.

And that is about it:-) Happy Saturday!

2 comments:

Aaron said...

Munchkin scares me.

I bet when she's a teenager, she'll have the police serve her boyfriend papers announcing their breakup!

Anonymous said...

Aww that's so great. Munchkin sounds like a really great kid.

Unfortunately my younger sister went backwards when she reached about sixteen. She's nearly ninteen and acts more like a fifteen year old :/