Monday, September 10, 2007

Tag, I'm it

Looks like I have been spared the task of telling you how my weekend was by OC in CT. I have ignored several tags in the past (which is bad blog-form, I know...but I also never really tag anyone, either. Although I am gonna do it at the end of this...)

Carrying on… THE RULES: This is simple. Elaborate on the words below.

Accent:
A little bit of my Chicago roots (Chicawgo) comes through, but not much. I have also incorporated the word "wicked" into my vocabulary,which identifies you as a New Englander. I can not, yet, however, use the word "pissah" in conversation, which would finally make me a Bostonian.

I Don't Drink:
Miller Lite. But MFND sure does... Seriously? Gin. Whatever they ferment to make it, they should stop. Given my family history, I should probably avoid Vodka, but I don't.

Chore I Hate:
Laundry. I hate folding it. I don't mind the sorting and the cleaning. It is just the folding that I really hate. So tedious.

Pets:
No, but Munchkin has been lobbying for two years to get a dog. Papa Bear has a dog that we "borrow" sometimes. If I had the time to walk it three times a day, I would get a Swissie. I think they are adorable:-) A little on the large side, maybe:-D

Essential Electronic:
I guess my cell, but I lose it all the time and am not nearly as attached as most people are. I kind of hate it, to be honest.

Perfume/Cologne:
I don't wear a lot, but when I do, there is a Victoria's Secret one I wear a lot (Dream Angel or something?). And Smoking Hot Roommate has a Dior one that I like and borrow sometimes, too.

Gold Or Silver:
Platinum:-)

Insomnia:
Only when I am worried about something. Like when I thought I had cancer two months ago;-)

Job Title:
Senior Analyst, Special Agent in Charge of Client Personnel Investigations, Liaison to the Boss When Angry, Chick Magnet for Male Co-Workers, Doer of Whatever My Superiors Tell Me.

Kids:
Sort of:-) None I have given birth to, but one that I have to keep an eye on. No plans for any more anytime soon, and I have entrusted the fine makers of Triphasil to keep things as they are. I went into this a little bit a while back...even if I was kind of on the fence, I promised The Boy that I would have one because I know how much it means to him. Pending some other stuff and for what its worth, that promise still stands.

Religion:
Catholic by birth. Non-practicing. Kind of ambivalent, kind of anti-organized religion. Not sure I have my thoughts totally sorted out on it.

Siblings:
Two, both younger. OK, somewhere between 1 and 4, depending on how you count. Definitely 2 half sisters (does that makes one whole one?). Munchkin is my half-sister by my mother, she is 12 and lives with me. Tinkerbelle is my half-sister by my father. She is 8 and lives in Chicago with her Mom. I just met her last Christmas and I think she is the coolest! I wish I saw more of her. Both Smoking Hot Roommate and Big Sis are very, very dear friends that I consider my "pretend sisters" and who sometimes introduce Munchkin and I as their sisters.

Time I Wake Up:
I take very little time to get ready in the morning. I can get up at 6:45, eat breakfast and scan the paper, shower and dress and be out the door by 7:45. That gets Munchkin to school by 7:50 and me to work by 7:55. This is part of what I love about living in the city:-)

Unusual Talent/Skill:
I have to think about this...I am not sure what qualifies. I think I am a really good dancer. And I am dynamite at oral sex:-D

Vegetable I Refuse To Eat:
Carrots. They make me throw up...bad experience as a child. Bananas make me throw up, too. It is the texture that does it.

Worst Habit:
Not answering the phone. I let most calls go to voice mail and call people back. I don't know why...weird phobia. Oh, and apparently I suck at sending pictures to people...sorry about that:-)

My Favorite Meal:
Chicken Fingers and French Fries, every Thursday:-) But I would never turn down a giant slab of red meat, especially if it comes from here, or here.

Now that that is over with...I am gonna tag...hmmm...Claire. You seem to have escaped the wave of taggings, surveys, chains, meme's, etc...no more!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fuck it. You and Munchkin should just change your last name to ours and we can just pretend we all have the same parents. It will be fun!

Aaron said...

I'm totally with you on that one! I abhor folding laundry. Half the time, I lay it out flat on the foot of the bed and pick through it for whatever item I'm looking for.

Clearlykels said...

Seriously, folding laundry is the worst.

You are the best having a 12 year old. I'd love to know how that came to be.

OC said...

See wasn't that fun? :)

And I never really thought about the whole oral talents thing... Very good observation :P

notbubbly said...

I hate folding my laundry the most out of any chore too! Second would be sweeping which is funny considering I like mopping the most.

And, isn't it weird that they went A, B, C, etc until the end?

Anonymous said...

i'm stealing this.

Ally said...

Hmm....so AM you might could share in on that trust fund too....I'd take Big Sis up on her idea:)

p.s. Are you a honey mustard, ketchup, or barbecue sauce type of girl when it comes to chicken fingers?

Accidentally Me said...

Big Sis - See Ally's comment...

Aaron - I appreciate when people try to expand the vocabulary of my readers, so props for using "abhor" in a sentence.

Clearly Kels - Short story? Both of her parents are dead, and I would rather she live with me than the rest of our WT family. The very first post I ever wrote talks a bit about it (linked at the right of the page). Also, if you search for the posts about 'The Judge', there is more detail there.

OC - It was fun:-) Thanks.

Not Bubbly - Mopping is kind of a random chore to really like...please elaborate...lol

KT - No fair! You have to wait to be tagged! Of course, maybe Claire will grant your wish;-)

Ally - I like the way you think! I am mostly a honey mustard user, but I like to mix in the BBQ and Buffalo sauce on occasion.