Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Accidentally Tiger

Who's the best golfer ever? Well, not me...but I did win something, which I am very excited about. And not just heat stroke! Although that was a threat, since it was about 98 degrees and very humid....I was a Gatorade drinking freak all day long.

Anyway, I think I did pretty well. We were playing as a team, where everyone hits a tee shot and then you pick the best one and then everyone hits a second shot from there, and then you pick the best one and so on and so forth. We used three of mine, which I though was about as good as I could hope for. One was a driver on a hole where the women's tee was like 150 yards in front of the men's tee, and I hit a pretty good shot that was out ahead of the guys because I started so far up.

And then I made a putt that was like 10 feet long, which is probably a record for me. If you have never played golf...putting is HARD. Like...really hard. And it looks so easy! They told me to go first on every putt so that I could "show them the line". On about the 12th hole, I finally asked them what that meant...lol. But I made one long one, which I was pretty happy about.

My highlight of the day, though, was on one of the really short holes. There were contests for who could hit the ball closest to the pin for both men and women. On one of them, I hit mine really close and ended up winning the contest for women. Hell's yeah!!! I won two dozen golf balls. I have no use for that many, but I still feel like I accomplished something!

All in all, it was really fun. Certainly better than working! The guys from work are always fun to hang out with, and they didn't make fun of me for sucking at golf so much:-) We ended up finishing in fifth place out of like 30 teams, which I thought was pretty good. If their fourth player had been good (instead of me:-P) they probably could have won. However, that player would not have looked nearly as cute as I did:-D.

So, I got home from that at about 4:00, took a very cold shower, and then got a salad and some lemonade and watched Munchkin's baseball game...which is a pretty nice day in my book!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A couple of little birdies told me that you did very well. I also hear that your closest-to-the-pin shot was really impressive! They are saying it was about 8 feet.

Good job! I am proud of you!

Still just me said...

Sounds like a wonderful day. How did the heat and your sunburn get along?

Accidentally Me said...

SHR - Have you been spying on me?

SJM - They got along fine along with the help of a whole lot of 30 Sunblock...

boohoo said...

Aww I'm jealous of that day - it sounds so lovely and summery and relaxed. I want one like that! ;)

Sounds to me like you were great at golf! I've never ever played it in my life, though, so... ;)