Thursday, June 12, 2008

The last inning

The heat wave finally broke, and today is absolutely spectacular. If we had more days like this (more than the...I dunno...five a year), no one would ever find the need to go to Aruba. If I had a laptop battery that last 8 hours, I would go and sit on a bench in the Public Garden and work from there. The swans could be my inspiration:-)

So...Big Sis and I went on a little excursion last night to take a look at a few things, most notably this. Holy. Fucking. Shit. Absolute fucking rocket ship. Now, about two years ago, I took Smoking Hot Roommate out to look at a Vanquish, which was very similar, but a little bigger, and even a little more expensive. (Long story on why we were doing that...)

For some reason, they only made them for a few years, so they don't make them anymore. This one has little less of the "raw power" but is actually a little faster. The guy from the dealership said, with a straight face... "The DBS is quicker, but it doesn't have the same top speed as the Vanquish. This tops out on the track at about 195." Like, that was a downside...if you have somewhere to go, and you can only get there by driving 200 miles and hour...well, then this just won't do.

Anyway, she has an appointment at another place on Sunday afternoon to look at some other things. I am not sure if I will be able to go with her...depends on whether we go to the beach, and when we get back. I hope so, though...it is really fun! Makes me feel like a total rockstar.

Kind of a sad day for me. Tonight is Munchkin's last baseball game of the season, and possibly her last one ever. Next year, the kids all play in the next division, on a full-sized field, and there aren't really any girls. In the next year or too, they go through the age where the boys just get so much bigger and stronger that the girls can't really play anymore. I suppose she could still play, but I don't know whether she will want to or not.

Which is really too bad, because she LOVES baseball. And she is very good! She has hit two home runs this year, and is one of the best players on the team. Everyone has to play at least three of the six innings, so every team has like 3 or 4 kids that play the whole game, and then everyone else plays half the game. She almost always plays the whole game, and I don't think that there are any other girls in the league that do that. At least none that I have seen.

So next year, she could decide to keep playing for at least another year, or she could play softball (which she could play all the way through high school). Or should could play another sport entirely. She started lacrosse at school this year and really liked it, so maybe she could try that...or spring soccer.

Whatever she decides...it is just another sign that she is growing up.

After her game, chicken fingers...some things don't have to change yet;-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh yeah, they grow up before you know it. enjoy every minute.

Still just me said...

I was going to suggest softball, my daughter played for years. I miss watching her play.

boohoo said...

Wow lookit that car. That's very swanky. I'm such a slob when it comes to cars: I love the old ones. I was actually sad when we had to get rid of our Metro. Hehehe.

Anonymous said...

I second softball.

Anonymous said...

I'm partial to softball - I played from 1st through 11th grade, then some more in the army. I'd play in a beer league now if my work schedule allowed me to commit to anything!