Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Sweltering

Anyone else's air conditioning broken? Because mine is! The good news is that it only reached 97 degrees in the city yesterday. That is the hottest June 11 on record, but only by only one degree. Not like it was 100...

Oh, and we live on the fourth floor, which does not help. I opened the door yesterday when I got home and it felt like I was stepping into a toaster oven. Opening all the windows and turning on the fans didn't help at all...it just circulated the 105 degree air in the apartment in favor of the 95 degree air outside.

So what did I do? Well, I called the slumlord that owns my apartment and made her send someone over to fix it. (Hee hee...for those that are just joining us, Smoking Hot Roommate is my landlord...she owns the place. She is most definitely not a slumlord, the place is actually very, very nice. And un-slummy). The bad news is that they can't come until this afternoon...blpph...

To solve this problem, Munchkin and I grabbed some clothes and stayed at SHR's place (that would be the one she actually lives in...confused yet?), where the air conditioning was working just fine! Sort of a throwback evening, to way back before the New Year...you know, when we lived there:-P.

I dug into my book of mothering wisdom and decided that any day that hot should warrant ice cream for dinner. Possibly the best decision I made all day. By that time it was not too bad to be out walking around, and the ice cream was really good:-).

Car shopping with Big Sis tonight...should be FUN!!! The Boy is back tonight from his weekend and then a work trip, too, which will be fun on a whole different level...;-) I wouldn't be totally heartbroken if the little one decided to sleep over at a friends house or something...hee hee...

5 comments:

anne said...

broken a/c in the heat is the worst. ours broke last september and we were hella miserable. yes, i know it was september - but its still plenty hot here.

Still just me said...

We have actually had ice cream for breakfast before!

I am trying not to use my air conditioner. Luckily, I live where there is a nice breeze and if I open the windows, it is quite comfortable.

It's hot here, but snowing at my daughter's house, just an hour up the road!

kristin said...

aw man, my heat didn't work a couple weekends ago. hottest days so far this year. i wouldn't wish that on anyone!

but the ice cream? sounds like a FANTASTIC idea! there is a restaurant in clemson that serves dessert before dinner. instead of dinner would be right up my alley!

Accidentally Me said...

Anne - I bet...September there is probably a lot like July here.

SJM - I read that this morning...F'in crazy!!!

Kritin - Weird, I think I was leaving you a comment at the same time as this...great minds!

boohoo said...

I always think a BBQ is the best thing to eat when it's hot - I think I live on BBQ food during the summer hehe.

It's been really hot here this week then the day I do my washing it starts to look like rain... typical!

Enjoy catching up with The Boy ;)